Let's See Some Zoos!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

# 4 are ring of fires!!
I miss read I thought you said here golds were ring of fire
MY BAD!!
you do have some nice zoos!
Speaking of, what are the ones in your AV??
so pretty !

# 4 are ring of fires!!
I miss read I thought you said here golds were ring of fire
MY BAD!!
you do have some nice zoos!
Speaking of, what are the ones in your AV??
so pretty !

i have some of those like the ones on his avatar and they seem to be so sensitive..i lost a few polyps not a few like a lot...
hey adam hows the african blue hornets doing?

i have some of those like the ones on his avatar and they seem to be so sensitive..i lost a few polyps not a few like a lot...

My Avatar. They are deep water blues from Florida, zoaid: Blueberry Violet.

I grew several large colonies of them in my old tank. They were my first frags I ever sold on reeffontiers (2005).

(2007) My Blue tang all of a sudden took a liking to zoanthids :( The tang really like those blue ones, wiped them all clean. Wish I still had some.

I had really good luck with them on the sandbed under pc lighting (before I had that tang). I also kept them in indirect halide lighting. The colors faded a bit under the halides. They seemed to really prefer the PC lighting. From my experience these guys don't like bright light. I guess it makes sense if they are deep water zoanthids.

Here is a pic of them under PC's

Blue_zoos.jpg

ok thats why...some melted..i manage to save like say 7-10 polyps...i will put them in a shade then and yes the color faded a bit but if i take pics of it with flash the real colors pop out..i posted a pic of it here somewhere...

yeah and speaking of tangs..my yellow tang likes to eat my mohawks...ate at least 30+ polyps off my colony...i cant wait to move my 55 and catch it.......:mad:

Wow, this thread has grown since I was last on! Here are a couple:

Purple Hornets:
MR-DSC_1200a.jpg

Can't remember the name:
MR-DSC_1201a.jpg

Back