Let's See Some Zoos!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nice Marty, how is your collection doing?

You been busy lately?

I have been throwing that AC unit away 1 piece at a time lol.

I have been swamped lately. Been working out of town alot. Just got back from Lewiston Id.
Collection is doing ok. Some are growing, others are not.
If there is anything left of that ac, let me know I'll come get it.
Should have done that 2 monthes ago. sorry. :(

Glad to hear that your busy. I have been pretty busy myself, but have added some real sweet ones to my collection. I did get a bout of zoo nudies again, but now have a lunar wrass that seems to be helping.

here are my latest and greatest

zooie.jpg

Yup they sure are nice. That pic is only cropped and pretty accurate on color. I got em from Indoor Reef, and they had a matching colony when I was there the other day.

Man, I sure wish I could get my zo's to color up like you guys. Get them nice and pretty when they just came in from the reef and then they turn brownish blah. Sigh, I know it's my lighting. I have seen Marty's tanks and his zo's really do glow like that, just amazing. I do get good color out of the apple greens and if I put the zo's all the way at the top of the tank under new bulbs.

The orange people eaters Marty gave me are purple under pc/actinic VHO's which is really nice. Still pretty brown under 10K halides, even with PC actinics. So here is a picture of one people eater surrounded by some other zo's and shrooms, and some of the other zo's I have as well.

Not sure what the bluish polyps are, technically. They also come in mint green and can be quite invasive.

Those blue ones are metallic blue's. Big, more like a Paly. Thet are crazy invasive and toxic. One was touching a head on my Trumpet coral and killed it. They emit this thick brown mucous that makes everything close up in the tank.

This is of one of my favorites but super slow spreading for me. It was very close to the glass that is very dirty so the picture did not turn out great.
View attachment 14389
I have a few more Zoa's but they are in very hard spots to photograph strait threw the glass.

My Latest Pickup

Here is my latestest pickup. At first glance, they don't look all that great, but if you stare at it more you realize that the whitish spots actually have a metalic flake sheen to it. Kinda like a lowrider candy paint. After staring at it, I had to take it home. It cost me a pretty penny, but you know how that saying goes.. "if you like it buy it."

rareGreenSpreckles.jpg

Back