Let's see your Bare Bottom

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
Oh Yeah!!! I'm back! I gave in to the urge and removed my sand bed once again. I don't know why I didn't keep it this way from "Day 1"! So much easier to keep a track of wastes and so much more options for flow patterns without having to worry about a sand storm.

Anyone else BB? Care to share a few pictures of your BB setups? Here's mine with 2 different flash settings, but same dumb camera...:)

Last edited:
Cool Krish I always like your tanks. Dude I am so stinking sick. I just got up about a hour ago. Cant even pick up a 5 gallon jug of water. I havent felt this bad in a long long time.

Cool Krish I always like your tanks. Dude I am so stinking sick. I just got up about a hour ago. Cant even pick up a 5 gallon jug of water. I havent felt this bad in a long long time.

:doubt: Sorry to hear that Steve...I hope you feel better soon. When you do get better, you can post a picture of yours cause I know you are a BB freak. Get well soon:)

ohh Steve :( , i hope you feel much better soon.
i guess those cookies caught up to you :) .

not fair Krish how about the people that have dirty sand :p :D

not fair Krish how about the people that have dirty sand

LOL...They can post them too if they want. I'm trying to convert some people here though...Hint hint:D Man your zoos will never be happier;)

hmm i don't know dood :D, i heard that bb bottom can make your corals grow slower, and .. well i like my need for speed :D .

hmm i don't know dood , i heard that bb bottom can make your corals grow slower, and .. well i like my need for speed .

The key to a successful reef tank is what class???? "Patience":) Keep an eye on the thread Gabby (if it takes off with some more pictures) and check out the corals in them;)

lol ya i know and may be when i get sick and tired of my nasty sand i'll join you :D, meanwhile i love the sand :D .

Krish...did you dowel that rock, or is it just creative stacking?

MikeS

Krish...did you dowel that rock, or is it just creative stacking?

MikeS

All stacked with no dowels or tie straps or anything. Good thing we don't have earthquakes!:shock: I'm curious to see what will happen when the Tunze goes in this week though. It will be another 1600 gph in there. Hopefully the rocks won't fall, but I doubt it as they are real sturdy which I made sure of when stacking. Besides, I blow them off weekly with a powerhead that I put within an inch of the rocks and never had any tumble yet (knock on wood) We shall see;)

No comment.... err i mean ....yeah

- Ilham

LOL...You will change your signature soon enough Elmo;)

I'd be carefull with that BARE bare bottom there. A rock falling on glass could cause you a serious problem. Especially with the Tunze going on there. You'll be surprised of how much movement those things generate. Just don't want you to have a soggy floor!!!

LOL...You will change your signature soon enough Elmo;)[/quote]
Doubt it....LOL:D

I'd be carefull with that BARE bare bottom there. A rock falling on glass could cause you a serious problem. Especially with the Tunze going on there. You'll be surprised of how much movement those things generate. Just don't want you to have a soggy floor!!!

Thanks for the advice...I've thought about that and I've dropped a few rocks on the bare glass already, but I made sure to use the smaller rocks on top so hopefully I will be fine. I don't really plan on pointing the Tunze directly at the rocks. I use my Seio's for that now and I have them bouncing off of the glass first anyway as well as my sea-swirl. I want to add some starboard at the bottom, but I can't bring myself to pulling it back down and re-aquascaping. Nevertheless, eventhough they are all balanced, they are interlocked pretty good. I spent over 8 hrs making sure of that when I aquascaped. My tang picks the rocks all day, and like I've said, I put a powerhead right up to the rocks and sometimes even pushing the head as far down in holes in the rocks as I can, and never had one drop. Anything is possible though... If I do happen to break the glass then there is my big break I've been waiting for to get an acrylic tank;)

Last edited:
Krish please bring back the sand.

LOL Jeff...No more sand! The stuff get's too messy for me even after cleaning it weekly and also, I'm too limited with the flow because of it.:)

Back