Light Coverage Using LumenBright L3

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wanareef

reefer addict
Lighting for an 80gal

Just finished our next tank, it's 36"L x 24"W x 21"H, 3/8" acrylic with external overflow, has about a 3" euro brace around it, can I get away with using one of these with this

Will one be enough light for a mixed reef tank, RBTA, zoos, rics, some SPS and LPS

Well I don't have the Lumenbrights I have the Lumenarc Mini stealth over my 40b and it covers pretty much the whole tank. I know your tank is 6'' deeper than the 40b but it should cover front to back easily. I just put the least light loving creatures more towards the side of the tank.

Hey Charles,
I have an 80 gallon cube that's about the same dimensions, 32 x32 x 18 (funny enough it was roscoe's). I run one luminarc over it with a 250W MH and it allows for SPS on the sand. Works great IMO.

-Reed

Reed

Long time, buddy. I'll have to post some pix for you to see. The tank is done, finished trimming it up yesterday, man that was a mess. I wanted something a little smallish and just using one sheet of acrylic.

Charles

I think you'll find it about perfect. The depth is nice the the rest of the dimensions make it manageable. Definitely post pics. I'd love to see it. When you're ready to seed that tank with SPS, let me know.

Reed

Not much to see right now, the first pix is of the overflow from the inside of the tank and the last is of the rear of the tank and overflow.

Working on the stand right now and will build the sump after that- also out of acrylic. It'll be nice to have a tank again :D

Thanks Reed, will let you know when it's up and running and ready :rolleyes:

Back