PEPPIE's New 120 Acrylic Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I dont plan on it. Some of the glues do not require primer. I think if the system was going to be sealed under pressure I would rethink that. All our reef systems are open and not under pressure.

I was just wondering because I used a clear primer to avoid the purple stains everywhere. But one thing those purple stains do for you is to let you see that you have all the joints glued.
I missed one end cap on my main manifold for my closed loop.
Even turned on the pump and let it run for a while.

Have I been missing that long that Peppie went and got a new name on me??:twitch:. Tagging along and enjoying the build so far :)

Dont feel left out Krish. There are a crap load of us who have been MIA.
Some how or another I got logged out of the sight,and I couldnt remember my password. I had to rejoin. LOL Still the same old Peppie (without the 3500 posts) LOL
Glad to see ya watchin. This is a slow and steady build, stay tuned

Way more information here than you share on FB. Coming along nicely. I like your CL intake, it will look good with rock attached to it.

Way more information here than you share on FB. Coming along nicely. I like your CL intake, it will look good with rock attached to it.

Nice to see you are watching here Duane.
It is really hard to keep up with a build on FB. 3/4 of the people seeing it could give a crap. All they want is to buy,and see coral. So much misinformation over there.

Any way , had some time to work on the OM plumbing today. I made a moch-up of the bottom of the tank,drilled holes in a sheet of MDF in the same spot I want to drill the tank. Looks like it will all fit.
I will drill the tank soon (within a couple of days)

Nice progress Dave.

It's amazing you can make that amount of fittings into such a small area.

I agree 100% about fb.

What made you go with gate valves vs a ball valve? Is it for the fine tuning of flow to each port? J

Yes Jason that is one of the reasons. I have read and spoke to people that have had ball valves freeze up on them. Another reason is the gate valve with 1 union glued right next to it takes up less space than the true union ball valve. As you can see I have limited space.

I was getting these sweet true union Ball valves that WERE imported that are like an inch longer than a ball valve in the same diameter. They were not cheap, but super high quality. Too bad they are no longer available. They would have been sweet on your build. Good luck, J

Sometimes I make more work for my self than I need to. I drilled the overflow box to use 1'' uniseals. Should have just used a standard 1'' abs black cheap bulkhead.
If any of you have tried to push the pipe thru the uniseal you know what a PIA it is. This is what I did. I wanted to be able to screw locline directly into the uniseal/bulkhead.

got rid of the shoulder

lubed it up with some olive oil, and screwed it in

Dah dah

This closed loop will have 3 levels in the tank. Low (5 1/2'' off the bottom) Mid (10-11'' from the bottom) High (18-20'' from the bottom)
The 4 OM outlets will be split into 8 outlets. I will try to leave a little wiggle room for the adjustments on most of the outlets. Not as easy as it seems, with the outlet heads hidden in the rock work.
Some pics of the CL outlets and their placement.
The tall one on the left is the return line

Back left corner. 4 CL outlets and a 2'' CL drain. All will be hidden in rock work

Go peppie go peppie go peppie~!
LOL u might actually get water in this one. Wat happened to KISS ?
-d

Back