Looking for a Basic Fip-Flop Circuit

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I'm so used to Industrial I forget they actually cost money for these things but once you get one your through with it, I think you can get what you need for less than $100 solid state.

Scooterman said:
I'm so used to Industrial I forget they actually cost money for these things but once you get one your through with it, I think you can get what you need for less than $100 solid state.

The recycle timer ones are pretty expensive. The only one I've used is the digikey pb583nd @ $231 each that would make it a expensive project and you still couldnt get a feeding timer.

Don

DonW said:
Here is your up to 50 minute feeding timer for $22.78
http://www.canakit.com/Contents/Items/UK249M50.asp
Aside from shipping this should be an fairly inexpensive project. Your on yor own as far as finding a 12v wallwart. I assume they are just as easy to get there as they are here.

Don
Thanks!

I am trying to replace my WavemasterPro and powerheads with a closed loop run through an oceansmotions squirt, and the WavemasterPro feature I was going to miss was the feed button.

dnjan said:
Thanks!

I am trying to replace my WavemasterPro and powerheads with a closed loop run through an oceansmotions squirt, and the WavemasterPro feature I was going to miss was the feed button.

I get it. Its a nice feature to have that most people dont add after they get rid of the powerheads. I did put up a diagram on the thread you started.

Don

Scooterman thanks for the offer. The pumps are 55W, with 230V that gives me around 250mA current draw under normal operation. I would up that X10 for the initial 'kick-in' of the pump and say 2,5A. Looking around at relays, they are rated at 5A for 230V on the average, which by far covers the 2,5A I think I need, so if you can help with a complete package, timer/dpdt relay, use those values: 230VAC/5A

DonW I've been looking at the canakit timers. UK191 is the one, and for the reset timer I was considering UK197 http://www.canakit.com/Contents/Items/UK197.asp
What's the main difference with the one you pointed out, the UK249M50 ??? http://www.canakit.com/Contents/Items/UK249M50.asp

Scooterman said:
I can get you the timer relay DPDT all in one nice unit, your main concern would be amperage, so give me that & I'll fine one you can order online. If you do insist on solid state your adding big cash for one considering the price for a timer relay. Also how many sets of contacts do you need?

Scooty CYPM

DonW thanks for all m8...

You guys are great!

It is looking great! Thanks to all your help I think I will get carried away here.
Anyhow, I have two NewJet 2300 l/h with eductors that I needed to control in the first place but while doing this, I came across the Maxi-Jet 'Stream' mod thread here at RF so I figured I put them on the wavemaker as well.

For the extra amperage I figured I'd be better off with a second relay for the extra pumps.

Take a look and comment if you may:

Back