Looking for those with Harlequins

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

as for water flow in your tank, I have kept a harlequin in my 30'' cube for 2 years now and I have just over 10,000 gph flow...
as long as your flow is random and not jets (2500gph through one 3/4'' nozzle) they do just fine..

the toughest thing about this specimen is keeping it fed, they will starve to death in a matter of a week or so if no star fish are available to eat...

hope this helps...
matt

It does help, Thank you for sharing.

That sounds almost cruel. The starfish suffering like that. Would some look at this practice and animal abuse? The last thing I want is Pamela Anderson knocking on my door, well wait a sec. maybe that wouldn't be so bad :)

The star is cold blooded it doesn't feel a thing. Also what the heck is going on when you can regenerate from just a piece of you? Some real alien crap, that's what.

As far as Pamela......well I agree that would be a site to see, but you can have her. I don't need anything going on downstairs if you catch my drift.

Well I got my female the other day. They seem to be getting along fine. I feel kinda dumb about the sexing thing, it is very apparent who is who.

Yea me too. I would like to put them in a tank with a pair of pink skunk clowns. Do you think all will be fine?

Chuck,

Can you tell me if the Harlequins will eat the leftover pieces from the star?

As long as the pieces are fresh, yes. But if there are more than one piece, they will most likely stay with one, giving the others time to rot.

Chuck

Back