Man, I have a long one!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

redvipe, All I plan on keeping are mostly softies and some LPS.

sparks, all I've done is fixed the stand and hood to my liking.

What is it about a bunch of boxes on your porch that makes you feel like a child at christmas? lol!
salt291.jpg

Just a few goodies
salt293.jpg

Mag7 return pump
salt295.jpg

1 of 3 30lb bags of sand
salt297.jpg

Now I know a lot of people don't like them but I had a reg remora on my other tank and loved it, so I felt it was only right to get a remora pro.
salt294.jpg

2 Koralia 4's
salt296.jpg

Wow, Your tank looks great now! What a difference the paint made! I personally would take a sledge to one of those pieces of rock or try to get some large rubble from the lfs to help with your aquascape. Please tell us what your plan is for lighting. I would also be interested to know how you plan to install plumbing in the tank. An overflow would visually cover the extra piece of glass well.

Those lights look the same to me. What about the plumbing? I think I posted a comment in the middle of you posting new pics.

Thanks brady, I was a little suprized to see the packages left on the porch when I got home from work. Marine Depot screwed up on the address and I didn't catch it until the day it was to be delivered. I called Marine Depot and told them, they said that the packages would prolly get sent back to them and they'd have to reship.

Well, I burned 2 ballasts in a months time and this ballast thing really has me going, I emailed hellolights and let them know about my prblems with the ballasts that they sold me with the retro kit. The Advance ballast say's to only use a solid copper wire with the ballast. The power cord that I got with the kit was a 3 prong and 3 wire jobber, trim the plastic wire cover a 1/4" and twist until the wire is stiff enough to push inside of the ballast hole. The only problem with that is once it's trmmed a 1/4" the wire doesn't want to stay in, so I trim a lil more and then there are shreds of wires hanging out and when they get bumped they go pop and there goes the ballast. The ballast power holes are very close together causing this to happen. Two ballast in about a months time because of this.

You would think that if the ballast say's to use only solid copper wire that Hellolights would send a power cord with solid copper wires, wouldn't you?

Back