Man, I have a long one!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Looks nice. I like the clam idea.
For the ballast you could come off the ballast a couple inches with solid wire, and wire nut it to the stranded.

I love long shallow tanks. I would think this would be a great SPS tank. If it were me I would place rock in center of tank so flow would move around it. This reminds me of Jake Adams 33 gallon glass cage. If you remember his frag set up had two maxi jets with controller making occilating flow. The maxi jets were set up on ends tumbling water to 20 cf per second. You have almost 7ft of water travel. I like it.

Hey guy's, Thanks for the compliments! Hellolights are sending me 2 replacement ballasts for free.
Ed, I'd love to make this a sps tank, I just can't seem to find anything locally. The last sps online order that I made, I wasn't too happy with. Aqua Tropics hasn't had too much of a selection latley.

Hello lights sucks! They made me send them the ballasts just to tell me that some salt creep on the ballast made them burn up and now they're refusing to send me new ballasts. They brag about their knowlege and customer service.... right!
I'll make sure and get my lighting needs elsewhere from now on.

Hello lights sucks! They made me send them the ballasts just to tell me that some salt creep on the ballast made them burn up and now they're refusing to send me new ballasts. They brag about their knowlege and customer service.... right!
I'll make sure and get my lighting needs elsewhere from now on.

For the price IC ballast are nice from what I've seen so far, I know they aren't dirt cheap but run very cool for 250W's!

As far as hellos, I'd continually call them until they get tired, If anything tell them you want what is yours good or bad you should get them back.

well, two good things happened today. After the last nasty email that I sent hello lights, they decided to send me two new ballasts free of charge.
I tested the levels on the tank and found that the tank is fully cycled and is ready for some goodies.:D

first fish
salt319.jpg

two of fifteen frags a local reefer gave me for taking care of his reef over last summer
salt312.jpg

salt314.jpg

and another fts
salt316.jpg

:D:D:D

Thanks man! After I sent them the last nasty email I started feeling bad about what I wrote, but I guess it worked out to my benefit lol.

Are all fifteen frags in the tank now? Hard to tell looking at the full tank shot. With that many frags you can sit back and relax for a while once you get the new ballast hooked up. Are you taking any new precautions to protect the ballast now?

Back