Man, I have a long one!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Just got my order from Ken at sea life inc.

70gsalt011.jpg

70gsalt007.jpg

I had to get a few sponges.

70gsalt009.jpg

I also got a couple of zoa frags from him but they haven't opened yet.

New addition GSM clown. Very poor pic.
70gsalt037.jpg

and an impulse buy. A 12" Carpet. I'm not sure that this was my smartest idea.
70gsalt030.jpg

A bright red shroom that I ordered from Sea Life
70gsalt031.jpg

and some zoas that I got from Sea Life (the green and blue zoas)
70gsalt034.jpg

been crusing around looks cool looking forward to posting some pics as of now just got a bunch of rocks sand and about 55 gal of water lol

had him for about 2 years then he out grew my 55 had to get send him to a bigger home then i ended up getting rid of every thing. i just didnt have time for it. going to give it another go.

That is so cool building a reef tank....lived in Hawaii all my life and have never tried building one....We got the cool fish here in Hawaii (abundance) but we cannot bring in corals or live rock(state regulations)....bummers....our FO tanks looks plain compared to the beautiful reef tanks you got.....I am thinking about trying to grow my own live rock and trying to start a tank with atleast live rock....dunno how I will get corals....but I can't have everything....LOL!!!

The tank had a lot of scratches in the front glass, when the waterline was high the water would run down the outside of the front glass and a few other things that I didn't like about it.
I have everything in a 12g for now until I upgrade to a little larger tank.

70gsalt081.jpg

Sorry to hear about the tank...:doubt: Good luck on the upgrade later. Maybe your new thread can be entitled, "An even longer one! :D

Thats too bad. Hope you get back up soon. Maybe you can use the 70 as a sump for the next tank. That nano looks like it is starting to run out of real estate!

get a piece of solid copper wire at home depot in the gauge you need then just use a waterproof wire cap to tie the power cord and short jumper wire together a lot safer and easier to work with than what you are trying to do... hope that helps

Thanks guys. I really liked the look of the low long tank but I got sick of trying to scrub the scratches clean:doubt:.

Next tank is going to be smaller and a little easier to aquascape and smaller size= less exspensive to fill with livestock:D

Back