March 18th Meeting & Visit

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

o2manyfish

o2manyfish
Hey PSAS Folks,

I am looking forward to come meet you all and speak in March. I definitely want to see as many of the local tanks and stores as possible. And bring home some rainy frags to add to my sunny frag collection.

So what kind of travel schedule do I need to hit the major SPS Sites while up there ?

As for the speaking... Other than skimmers what areas are you folks interested in... DIY projects, Aquascaping, Fragging, How the Marine Industry Operates, Lighting, Aquarium Design, Diving, etc etc....

Dave B

Cool... I was just beginning to work out a schedule and was going to post.... look forward to some input from the membership so we can make some plans!!

Definately on the schedule will be Indoor Reef as they are cosponsoring the meeting with us so we are thinking of some of the tanks in the south end of the area....

Good to see you posting here Dave.

Alright folks....here's your oportunity to get the topic of your choice for the meeting. Let Dave know what you want to here about in addition to skimmers.

Thanks Dave!

Hearing the inside poop on the Marine Industry Operations would be good! Ya know all those stories that aren't (can't be) published. Maybe some insight on the amount of preperation goes into doing these informal things versus the big shows. How difficult can it be to throw together a few words and answer a bunch of goofy questions. Can I use an undergravel filter in my reeftank? (I am by the way!)

I would really like to hear the scoop on marine industry also. I also would love to hear some things about aquascaping and tricks of the trade and how to choose safe and healthy rock to put directly into aquarium.

After yesterdays successful tank tour, social at Dang's and meeting, let's do it again!

Dave will be coming in on Saturday morning and he would like to see some tanks also.

We will try to stay in the North end this time, so who has a tank to show off.... it's really a lot of fun seeing people's systems so don't be shy. We have room for three or four stops for sure.

Everyone is probably up for more great food at Dang's before the meeting also!

Colleen

jesshimom said:
After yesterdays successful tank tour, social at Dang's and meeting, let's do it again!

Dave will be coming in on Saturday morning and he would like to see some tanks also.

We will try to stay in the North end this time, so who has a tank to show off.... it's really a lot of fun seeing people's systems so don't be shy. We have room for three or four stops for sure.

Everyone is probably up for more great food at Dang's before the meeting also!

Colleen

What about yours and Scott's tanks? :D

Best,
Ilham

I'm interested in some aquascaping techniques and ideas. I am wanting to set up a 550 that is 8'x4'x2' and that just gives so many options for aquascaping. I am also interested in his thoughts on skimmers. In particular, the german needlewheels.

Hey guys.. I know you want to stay in the North End, however if you do have a chance to come down, Jeremiah and I promise to make it worth the trip.

Mine will be ready!

Hey salsaking here. My system is up and running! Paul once again did a great job with about 1200 pounds of live rock. Stunning work. Let me know if any interest?

Salsaking said:
Hey salsaking here. My system is up and running! Paul once again did a great job with about 1200 pounds of live rock. Stunning work. Let me know if any interest?
I would love to see it. I hope it does make the tank tour.:)

Hey Folks,

Okay so Skimmers, Aquascaping, (Flow with different Aquascaping), Comments on the industry, outdoor systems and Pipefish and seahorses in a community reef tank.

SalsaKing -- Would definitely love to see your setup !!!!!

Dave B

Sounds like a Plan!!

Well I don't see why we can't do something about bringing in a bunch of something special and throwing a sale... what would be great is if you all have an idea of what your looking for. Maybe we can call it a .. "Just what I wanted sale." You get something your looking for along with something you can't live with out... and yes we have have pipefish living in our community tank.. "dosen't everyone?"

Let me know!

--------Okay I am definitely interested in deep water stuff. Anything with a thin and delicate branch structure,

ORA Purple Pillow, ORA Austrailian Delicate, Soli's, Efflos, Deswali, etc

Dave B

Back