March Get together/Workshop

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DolphinLVR

RF Premium Member
Hello all!

We are going to have our March get together and Acrylic workshop either on March 17th at TJL's house.

We will be building our own fish traps, I know I need one! LOL

Anyways, We need to get an Idea as to how many will be attending so we know how much material to have on hand. The cost per person will be approximately $6 - $10 per person.

Please RSVP here in the thread so I can keep track of who is coming.

Date: 3/17/2012
Where: 22315 95th Pl W, Edmonds 98020
Time: 1 PM
Cost Per Person: $7.00

Look forward to seeing you all in March!

Jeff

Last edited:
I can make it up!! But I do NOT need one. Maybe I could offer some glue or I may have a few pieces of thin acrylic stuck somewhere I could bring.

Something to think about is... How do you want the trap to work?
When I made mine I left the top open so I could add food to the box from the top. The trap stuck out of the top of the water about 1/2''.
The trap door is held open with a piece of fishing line. When the fish went into the trap to eat I cut the line, closing the trap door.

This is not the only way to make a trap, It just worked for me as I have trained my fish to eat from a yellow 1/4'' tube.
110_3200.jpg

110_3199.jpg

110_3197.jpg

RSVP for me and my daughter please. Can I pay in advance to cover costs should I have to skip at the last moment?

I got a chance to see Todd's tank and it is impressive!

March Meeting

I will be there. I have a large tube of Weldon 16, the thicker stuff, if any one needs some. I will bring it if anyone needs some, and if I remember to.

RSVP for me and my daughter please. Can I pay in advance to cover costs should I have to skip at the last moment?

I got a chance to see Todd's tank and it is impressive!

I think one of us could cover your cost if you have to bail

I will be there. I have a large tube of Weldon 16, the thicker stuff, if any one needs some. I will bring it if anyone needs some, and if I remember to.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you there

I can make it up!! But I do NOT need one. Maybe I could offer some glue or I may have a few pieces of thin acrylic stuck somewhere I could bring.

Something to think about is... How do you want the trap to work?
When I made mine I left the top open so I could add food to the box from the top. The trap stuck out of the top of the water about 1/2''.
The trap door is held open with a piece of fishing line. When the fish went into the trap to eat I cut the line, closing the trap door.

This is not the only way to make a trap, It just worked for me as I have trained my fish to eat from a yellow 1/4'' tube.
110_3200.jpg

110_3199.jpg

110_3197.jpg

Dave give me a call tonight after 6 and we can discuss :)

I might not make it and if can't, will pay $600 to have you guys make me 100 of these buggers ; :director:
How much does RF charge for a new sponser? :whoo:

(I will be there)

Looks like as good a time as any to take the plunge and be a North Sound Reefer. :) I'd love to come and put some faces to the posts I've been reading here for the last year or so. Sounds like a fun project. And Jeff, once again thanks for the Chaeto. Much much appreciated.

Look forward to seeing you again Robert! Maybe I can get a chance to see your system before then

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

My new system has been up for 4 days now. 100 g starphire rimless glass tank with a pair of Radions and Vortech mp40's. So far so good. I love it! You're welcome to take a look anytime. I'm hoping to start putting up my tank build thread here this weekend when I have few extra moments.

Looking to be a good turnout, North Sound Reefers :rockon: and a great workshop for basic acrylic work for those who have not ventured into playing with solvents. Dave and I should be able to come up with a couple good plans/layouts to work from maybe even a small and large one for the Club to loan out to members when needed. The shop/garage will be cleaned up and ready for this Workshop even if my wife has to do it for me :scared:

Cheers, Todd

Todd, It is always nice to step into a clean shop to do a new project.

Should I put on my longjohns? Or will there be a bond fire in the driveway to keep warm????

The original post stated the 17th of March. Is that set in stone?
Have you thought about a time for that day?

Back