March Get together/Workshop

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That would be great Robert!1 PM a good time? Do you have a couple of saw horses and a piece of plywood, or a table/work bench we could use?
If you need me, 1 pm is fine. I do have saw horses, but no large piece of plywood to make a table. Have a small bench, with the usual tools. Plenty of room for parking in driveway and on street.

If you need me, 1 pm is fine. I do have saw horses, but no large piece of plywood to make a table. Have a small bench, with the usual tools. Plenty of room for parking in driveway and on street.

I am sure we can come up with the plywood and I have a 6 foot table I will bring as well

Let me get together with Dave in regards to the Acrylic and we should be all set to go!

Looks like NWFD offered first!

Other than the tank on the stand the important tools and rock are mobile.

The miter saw (Harbor freight class with a decent blade). I have a plastic table saw blade that might fit. The router table, circular saw, and drill press not pictured.
attachment.php

The rock is boxed up and I have the fiberglass rod and bits but not the courage.
attachment.php

Finally I want to show that my build is making progress and I should have water before April. The sump is basic. The panel on the macro side is glass (less likely to warp), the ATO is the vertical white tube and the return is a modest Amp Master 2300 with 1.5" fittings. Turns out that a single union ball valve is not designed to be removed under pressure with the ball closed (you loose the seal) so I might swap. I have surplus Weldon #4 and #16 from the sump build.
attachment.php

Attachments

• mitersmall.jpg
    mitersmall.jpg
    47.4 KB
  • rockssmall.jpg
    rockssmall.jpg
    50 KB
  • sumpsmall.jpg
    sumpsmall.jpg
    36.4 KB
Looks like NWFD offered first!

Other than the tank on the stand the important tools and rock are mobile.

The miter saw (Harbor freight class with a decent blade). I have a plastic table saw blade that might fit. The router table, circular saw, and drill press not pictured.
attachment.php

The rock is boxed up and I have the fiberglass rod and bits but not the courage.
attachment.php

Finally I want to show that my build is making progress and I should have water before April. The sump is basic. The panel on the macro side is glass (less likely to warp), the ATO is the vertical white tube and the return is a modest Amp Master 2300 with 1.5" fittings. Turns out that a single union ball valve is not designed to be removed under pressure with the ball closed (you loose the seal) so I might swap. I have surplus Weldon #4 and #16 from the sump build.
attachment.php

Paul - I am sure you will be able to round up a few kind souls to give you a hand lifting the tank and helping to show you how to do the rock work! I personally didnt drill any of my rock, instead I use the cutouts for my tank, drilled holes for the acrylic rods and set the rock work ontop of that

Thanks for stepping up NWFD!

Since we're working with glue would you like me to bring a box of nitrile gloves? I have a full box laying around.

Back