Marine Aquarium Expo 2011

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I sent you some graphics this morning. Graphic designer is not my trade, but the love of the saltwater hobby is.

Kirk

Can canadiens transport coral back to Canada without a CITES permit?

based on research I had done about a year ago on transporting coral from Canada to the US, talking directly with USDFW. My answer would have been no. Transporting from the US into canada though is completely different and subject to the laws of the Canadian DFW in that case. Based on my experiece with traveling into canada from the US I dont think you would have any issues at all as you dont get scanned or random checked like nearly as much as you do coming into the US.

Can canadiens transport coral back to Canada without a CITES permit?

Here's a link that may help.
Canadian Food Inspection Agency - Questions and Answers - Fish Import Program

The short answer is no, not without having the proper documentation in hand. Otherwise you may have the coral and/or fish seized at the border. And the border agents don't usually keep the corals, the will usually dispose of them in the trash.

Hope this helps some. And if in doubt, don't do it or at least contact the correct agency in your country for assistance.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I humbly present to you,

THE NEW OFFICIAL SEA-MAX LOGO!

SEAMAX2011LogoARGB.jpg

First order of 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" postcards has been placed.
I should have these in hand by Feb. 10 and ready to distribute.

side 1
SEAMAXPostcardFront.jpg

side 2
SEAMAXPostcardBack.jpg

Perfect. I can't wait to spread the love to the smaller fish stores and cities. Longview is first on my list. I'm also traveling to Portland for work lately and can share some with the LFS's there also.

Let's get busy spreading the word!

SEA-MAX HOTEL ROOM BLOCK

Ladies and Gents,
We have finally finished our negotiations with a suitable hotel for our SEA-MAX guests that is only 0.85 mile from the Seattle Center Exhibit Hall!

The Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown/Lake Union at 925 Westlake Avenue North, Seattle WA 98109

Rooms are $169 per night, significantly less than the $200+ per night that their normal rates are for July 2011.
You MUST reserve via the links on our website to obtain the special discount and amenities included (Free WiFi for one)

If you need to call in for some reason to speak with a live person, be sure to mention the Marine Aquarium Expo Room Block Rate to the clerk. Please see our website for more information, a few photos, and the ultimate links you need to book a room for SEA-MAX 2011: SEA-MAX (scroll to bottom of page)

Last edited:
Same Information but better presentation : )

THE OFFICIAL SEA-MAX HOTEL ROOM BLOCK
Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown/Lake Union

seacd_phototour38.jpg
seacd_phototour33.jpg
seacd_phototour39.jpg

925 Westlake Avenue North, Seattle WA 98109

We have negotiated and contracted with a suitable hotel for our SEA-MAX guests! The Courtyard Lake Union is only 0.85 mile from the Seattle Center Exhibit Hall. (easy walking distance for those who don't mind strolling a few blocks)

Rooms are only $169 per night, which is a significant discount off normal July rates!

You must reserve via the MAX website in order to obtain the special rates by clicking HERE: SEA-MAX Web Page (scroll to the bottom of page)

If you still need to call in and speak with a live person, BE SURE to mention the "Marine Aquarium Expo Room Block Rate" to the clerk.
Please see our website for more information, and thank you for your patience.
We will see you in July!

Last edited:
SPEAKER UPDATE FOR SEA-MAX 2011

We recently secured two great new speakers for SEA-MAX this July!

Here is the line-up thus far:

1) Mr. Bob Fenner (new)

2) Dr. Timothy Hovanec (new)

3) Mr. James Fatherree

4) Mr. Mark Vera

5) TBA

6) TBA

We do not yet have a time schedule to report however that should come soon.

Thanks again to all of you who have made this event possible!

MAX Staff

Last edited:
OK I am in!! Bob Fenner is worth the trip just alone. SOunds like this is starting to take shape!!

Mojo

I going so is anyone else going from the Tacoma, Spanaway, Graham, Puyallop, Ect area. So lets see if we can Car Pool to the SeaMax event!!!!

I just dropped off 30 flyers to a shop in Longview, WA. The Pet Works was happy to pass them out and share with customers. They did notice that the flyers said the dates were July 22-23 and not the July 22-24. They changed the dates themselves though.

Spread the word, Y'all!

Back