MarineDreamer's Marine Dream

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

How' the project coming along? Any new updates?

Jason

Jason,

Why, yes there has been. First some equipment acquisitions; I picked up a Calcium Reactor. It's currently running on the 55 gallon, which means that I no longer have to supplement. I'll tell you guys something right, now; if you're not running one of these things and you've got SPS, you've got problems. My Ph has leveled out and is constant between the day/night cycles which was something that I always fought. And the corals love the consistent levels of Ca. GO GET ONE!!!

Then, I was over talking to Will at Reef Mystique and he talked me into doing a CLS spraybar under the rockwork. Well I am sitting on an AmpMaster 3000 anyway and it made sense. So you can see the roughed in plumbing for that. I also got the top installed on the tank stand, ¾ inch CDX plywood. I’m just hesitant to punch through the drywall from the Cinema Room to the space under the stairs.

And the tank has been ordered and slated for pick-up on April 6th. Standby for pictures of the manufacturing pictures and details. I am pumped! :D

Wow Trev, you are somehow accumulating all kinds of stuff that I made, or owned at one time. I also heard that you have a nice new tank of my design being built, very cool. That looks like the reactor that I either built for Todd, or jlehigh, either way, perfect for your new system. I am looking forward to seeing this tank come together, it promises to be a winner.

Wow Trev, you are somehow accumulating all kinds of stuff that I made, or owned at one time. I also heard that you have a nice new tank of my design being built, very cool. That looks like the reactor that I either built for Todd, or jlehigh, either way, perfect for your new system. I am looking forward to seeing this tank come together, it promises to be a winner.

Yeah, I do like Tom's Creations stuff, but someone who will remain nameless :)evil:TODD:evil:) won't let go of this really sweet sump. :badgrin: I guess that I'll just have to learn to play with Acrylic:exclaim:

Been movin' kinda slow as I'm waiting for the tank to get built. But I did manage to get the lighting installed for the refug. Four Sunblaze 24W T-5's will reside over the refugium.

And now for the main event!!!

The Company that I chose to build my tank is Envision Acrylics (http://www.envisionacrylics.com/) of Portland Oregon. The tank is being built out of 3/4 cell cast acrylic, with 1/4 inch diameter rounded corners. For details on the finishing, visit their web site. And now for the pictures!

Hi Trevor. That will be a nice tank. I don't know anyone else that builds with the quality that James puts into each tank he builds. Envision is top notch.

Best,
Ilham

That thing is a work of art! Look forward to seeing that thing in person one day :)

So here we are at Envision Acrylics in Portland with my toy. Just some more 'eye candy' shots. Yes, that's James cleaning the acrylic and trying to get out of the camera shot. The overflow is just simply fantasic! Not only to the covers fit perfectly, the strainers are removable for easy cleaning!

Back