maxi jet skimmer mods (mesh & venturi)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Do u really need the gutter guard or can u just mesh it only?

well, with the maxijet impellar, i liked having a firm bottom underneath the mesh layer, but you could certainly just use fishing line and connect the mesh to every impellar fin individually, omitting the gutter guard. plus, most gutter guard at the store isnt the small stuff like you see in the mod pics..

Is double crappy good?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

no, it's double crappy...lol

i think that on a seaclone, it would be o.k. for like a 20g tank, no sps...
if it was in the sump, without the backpressure from having to pump the water over the aquarium edge then it would probably work ok in conjunction with the other seaclone mods...but if you had a sump to accomodate a skimmer, there are just too many other better skimmers for nano tanks...

no, it's double crappy...lol

i think that on a seaclone, it would be o.k. for like a 20g tank, no sps...
if it was in the sump, without the backpressure from having to pump the water over the aquarium edge then it would probably work ok in conjunction with the other seaclone mods...but if you had a sump to accomodate a skimmer, there are just too many other better skimmers for nano tanks...

Hey everyone,

Its been a while since the last post on this thread but I was wondering... I just bought the Octopus 100 skimmer and am getting light yellow liquid after ~24hours since beginning without modding.. If nodded, is the MJ1200 propellar the bet suited for the Octopus 100 BH skimmer pump??

Hey everyone,

Its been a while since the last post on this thread but I was wondering... I just bought the Octopus 100 skimmer and am getting light yellow liquid after ~24hours since beginning without modding.. If nodded, is the MJ1200 propellar the bet suited for the Octopus 100 BH skimmer pump??

btw, id be happy to pay someone to make the impellar mod for the Octopus 100-bh for me.

thanks

could i use this stuff to do a mesh mod it sort of like a brilo pad but not

IMGP3729.jpg

IMGP3728.jpg

IMGP3727.jpg

i am going to mesh mod a sedra 9000 has anyone done that put before and if you have an you really see a difference dont want to destroy a needlewell for no reason

I did do that mod with the blue brush material on a sedra 9000. I got some good air flow numbers, but that material doesn't last very long.

You can always do the enkamat mod if the blue material doesn't work for you.
If I remember right I bought a extra needlewheel impeller just in case I didn't get it right.

You can always do the enkamat mod if the blue material doesn't work for you.
If I remember right I bought a extra needlewheel impeller just in case I didn't get it right.

do you have to cut of all the needles on the wheel because it already has 4 holes on it that you could use for zip tiesa too hold it down and i would think it would make it work better and if you messed up you could just take the mesh off and have your needlewheel still intacted

Back