May 17th 2008
From 3:00pm to 6:00pm

Where:
The Shark Reef
10408 Silverdale Way NW A103
Silverdale, WA 98383
Phone (360) 662-1313

What:
By popular demand the Puget Sound Aquarium Society is proud to bring you a workshop on PHOTOGRAPHY!!! Presented and Hosted by The Shark Reef!

This meeting is designed for anyone with any type of camera equipment that wants help or can offer their expertise and/or experience.

We will be teaching you how to take the best possible picture with the equipment that you have and to put the final touch to make it look more professional. Bring all your camera equipment; low end, high end or in-between. We also encourage you to bring your laptop with any kind of photo-editing software that you need help with, or can share with others.

There will be plenty of corals to test out different techniques in The Shark Reefs store.

We will be raffling off three professionally finished photographs courtesy of The Shark Reef. They are absolutely stunning and can be hung anywhere in a home. Also, please see his forum for specials that he is running for the meeting.

We will have refreshments and snacks. Hope to see you there!

~Randy~

Funny to see my pictures on the evite, lol. What three professional photographs will be raffled off?

I am hoping that Eric(SharkReef) will post a discription of the photographs.

Are you going to grace us with your presence?

I may be able to make it out there. Is there going to be a projector or something to show people how to edit, etc? Is someone going to be giving a presentation on photography or something?

cool,
I look forward to meeting you guys.

(hopefully I won't be going out of town that weekend)

Edit:
yaaaa !!!!!

I just hit 100 posts ;)

Last edited:
Hey Randy,

Any chance I can get on that evite list? I didn't get the evite on the Pay it forward frag swap and would have missed it had it not been for Jonathan reminding me.

D.

Blazer - Eric will be doing most of the presentation and will be supplying a computer to do some editing. I am hoping that more people will bring their laptops to work on as well. I want to work in small groups to hopefuly get more people hands on editing their own photos.

I will try & make it out to the store & join PSAS as well if I'm not going out of town this weekened for Mother's Day.

I am hoping that Eric(SharkReef) will post a discription of the photographs.

I have hundreds of GREAT photos that I have taken while diving and I am going to choose quite a few from those and the 3 that win can choose which on they want. They are matted and framed and will look great anywhere.

Last edited:
Anybody need to weed their refugium?

I just set up a larger refugium and got rid of all the caulerpia (sp?). Tracy (salmonslayer) had given me a handful of Chaeto and it is growing slowly, but after I split it between my two tanks it is not enough yet to really compete with the algaes in the tank.

I was hoping that maybe some of you coming to the meeting needed to trim back your chaeto and would be willing to bring some along to the meeting.

Thanks,

Nice pics Eric. Hey hopefully you'll have some SPS about in the store as well? I may be interested in picking up some for my tank.

Back