~~May 17th 2008 Photography Workshop @ The Shark Reef~~

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

It's not a feature in many programs, I know Photoshop can do it, but I've not tried it with Elements. I did just try in Picasa, and couldn't get any satisfactory results, but if I had to give an answer, I would try:

Tint > Red
Photo Filter > Red
Camera Calibration > Red Shift

If I knew the program you are using I might be able to narrow down an answer or find a better alternative.

Eric's comment on the red filter making everything "pop" was one of the big lessons we both took away from the session. I believe a "real" red filter will soon be on the shopping list, although the one we used during editing did a remarkable job.

Glad that you guys got something out of my discussion. I was a little intimidated by your cameras and figured I wouldn't be able to teach you anything. Your pictures look great!!!

I hope you both get a chance to start diving and fall in love with the world of underwater photography too. It is one of the things I enjoy the most in life!!!

Hey Kris, any idea what the red filter would be called in low-end editors?

Stop by the shop this week sometime (call before in case I am not here) and I will show you some real easy tricks to do with software already on your computer.

Well, I've not used the Windows Picture Manager in Vista, but I did just try the Office Picture Manager, and was able to get decent results with

Edit Photo > Color > Hue/Saturation

Added some saturation of red to the photo, and it worked out decently.

I'll give that a try and stop in to see Eric. The pictures that I posted recently all have very accurate colors though so I am not sure what I can do to improve them (other than turning off the pumps). I know in the past I have blacked out backgrounds to make the subject "pop" and that can get some amazing results.

Glad that you guys got something out of my discussion. I was a little intimidated by your cameras and figured I wouldn't be able to teach you anything. Your pictures look great!!!

I hope you both get a chance to start diving and fall in love with the world of underwater photography too. It is one of the things I enjoy the most in life!!!

Your videos really made me want to get certified to dive. I have looked into it a few times but I am even more inspired now. Do you sell your DVDs? I would really like to watch the entire DVD that you showed us bits and pieces of the other day.

I always used to say that one day diving on a reef is like taking a week off from work. String a few days together, and you are golden.

Back