Me, Myself, & Sherman too.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So glad to hear that fixing the crazing went well. Now you can breathe a little easier. Just pile a few rocks up to and over the new bulkhead and it should be hidden from the inside. Hope the corals that you 'cooked' will be back to normal in a few days too.

GREAT JOB!

Vicki

So something interesting to report. You all know how I will make it known when I don't like a product or I find out the company is full of crap like the AquaEqualizer, No Sick Fish, Vortech, etc. right? Well I also like to post when I find something that works as advertized or actually exceeds my expectations.

Take the Algae Dozer Scraper Pads available through Mighty Magnets.

IMG_0081.JPG

I have been going through a lot of different products to find something that works well and is easy to use including many scrapers, pads, the Therme Algae Terminator etc. and this Algae Scraper pad actually works to get coraline algae off without scratching your tank.

It's cheap and easy, but I recommend getting it as close to the size of your current magnet system as possible. I bought an extra large one figuring I would cut it to size, but the scrape is not too easy to cut.

This thing works VERY well.

So...you're saying this actually works for all that "wonderful" (???) coraline that tends to develope when we aren't doing our maintenance the way we should??? :p;)

yup. it works better on young coraline of course, but it does a great job. small coraline spots turn into giant ones, and using this is extremely easy on those small spots. Just like taking off regular algae with a regular pad.

Jon..... if you are going to be cleaning your tank more does that mean "frequent meetings at Jon's house?" :)
Bloody shame you live so far out :p

Seriously though, glad to hear that the repair went well.
D

it went fine but I did lose my largest SPS colony. Good thing I have frags of everything in my system...I don't live far out, you do! :lol: Hey, I came out to your place! ;)

There is some sort of "meeting" here just abut every week Dan, and very often we talk about reefs. Have you tried the Deschutes The Abyss yet??? :eek:

Bumping up the alk today. I got tired of waiting for it to come up "naturally". Sherman and I had some Skull Splitter tonight. Kind of a light Summery beer for me.

That Yellow SPS is completely gone. pretty big colony too. I guess I am going to have to rip it out. :(

Frags i got from Gabriel are looking good. The pink zoas are in the display now on the rack, and the mille he sent is going wild. What a hairy bugger! :)

Thanks for the kind offer Dang...actually I did lose one of your frags (the purple table), but the others are doing extremely well, although they are seriously slow growers! Makes me truly respect the giant colonies you keep! :) The two blue ones are very rich in color and very different shades of blue.

Hey guys/gals,
Just got back from minnesota today to find that my top off water creation dumped 15 gals of r/o into my system!(1.018) Got a few dead crabs but nothing major. I Did get what I think is a butterscotch colored "cyno?" outbreak; slime coating the gravel and anything else that will let it stick. Any suggestions on treatment?

Back