Me, Myself, & Sherman too.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

:rolleyes: I think the vinyl sheets are 24 x 36, so you'd have some patchwork to do, but much larger would be hard to work with. It goes on best if its is sprayed with water and then put on with a roller/squeegee.

Think it might stay on better on an acrylic tank. The areas that were giving us trouble was where the seams and adhesive for the eurobraced top were'nt real smooth on the outside, and it would start coming loose in those bumpy areas after a few days.

After poking around some, I think Nate actually ordered it from www.grafixplastics.com. They will even do custom sizes, but the larger the pieces are heavier and harder to handle -- you better get lots of extra hands for a tank your size !

By the way -- If that THING has been in a vial for that long what the heck do you think it's living on? Is it getting regular light for algae growth in there? Photosynthesis?

One Chinese Australian brought to my attention that I have been remiss in my forum duties:

I have full control of my system since the weekend and one DC4HD is on the way back to Neptune. I cannot say enough good things about the customer service at Neptune.

Water parameters are good, although there was a dip during the controller snafu. Things are looking well but a couple of corals have shown some stress due to teh fluctuating alkalinity and low Ca levels of late last week.

The lavendar tang did not make it. So sad but they obviously came in either with disease or perhaps having been pinched during collection. The tomini tang is holding on and actually looks better tonight. Again, here's why a QT/Hospital tank is so important in this "hobby". Had I popped these fish into the display, they could have easily infected the other fish. If you don't have a QT tank, get one!

The kalk testing is continuing and oddly enough, the controller incident happened at the time I was planning to swap media, but what I have found is that the Warner Marine seems to be doing fine right now. Alk is slightly low, but I am going to let it go for another week and see what happens. I did dose alkalinity and calcium during the time the system was down, so perhaps I am seeing residual effects of that, but only time will tell.

sure is, but I am thankful it happened in the QT. It was eating very well until the day before it checked out. I wish I had the time and inclination to do some extra stuff to try and save it, but I have my plat efull right now. The tomini is still hanging in. It's some kind of infection and based on a discusson with Eric, it's quit epossible it was misahandled during collection.

Well, I lost the Tomini today. Not cool. It was hiding in the rocks yesterday, but still came out and ate like a pig. Today, I found it wrapped around a rock. It would be heartbreaking if I wasn't so loaded.

At least it happened in the QT...when I put them in they were fine. Then the tomini developed what looked a bit like a rash. It spread to the lavender and it died first. Can you imagine what would have happened if I had put them in my display? :eek:

%&*$@ me I want to kill that #@$%&@$ GSM clownfish. I was swearing so loud that my son came running downstairs to see what was happening, and I am in a sealed tank room. I was trying to glue a zoanthid colony onto a rock and she decides it doesn't belong there and starts biting my arm. I got so angry and disturbed that I dropped the colony into the rockwork, and this is an EXTREMELY rare zoanthid colony that only I and the Rev from Club-Zoa (who got them from me) have these in the US. (as far as I am told) So I pulled it out and clipped some off to get Nick's (GSMGuy) tank going with some wicked zoas, and this is what I get from the bitch fish. I had to tear apart the rocks, which of course she didn't like one bit, and grab them from the bottom. In the process I discovered a huge pile of detritus (now in solution) among other things.

&$%@, I WANT TO KILL HER. My son said if I didnt like her so much I should sell her, and I told him I wouldn't sell that bitch to anyone, not even my worst enemy. He did quip that it is probably the longest living fish ever bought Mario the @$@%&*@$.

And do I feel better now? NO!! I hate that beyatch. And that damn anemone is between 30 - 36" now for @#$%'s sake. I am scared to fall into the tank.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (sorry)

I gave my nasty biting clownfish to Joe/Jobiwan. It's in his new RBTA fuge. :p

%&*$@ me I want to kill that #@$%&@$ GSM clownfish. I was swearing so loud that my son came running downstairs to see what was happening, and I am in a sealed tank room. I was trying to glue a zoanthid colony onto a rock and she decides it doesn't belong there and starts biting my arm. I got so angry and disturbed that I dropped the colony into the rockwork, and this is an EXTREMELY rare zoanthid colony that only I and the Rev from Club-Zoa (who got them from me) have these in the US. (as far as I am told) So I pulled it out and clipped some off to get Nick's (GSMGuy) tank going with some wicked zoas, and this is what I get from the bitch fish. I had to tear apart the rocks, which of course she didn't like one bit, and grab them from the bottom. In the process I discovered a huge pile of detritus (now in solution) among other things.

&$%@, I WANT TO KILL HER. My son said if I didnt like her so much I should sell her, and I told him I wouldn't sell that bitch to anyone, not even my worst enemy. He did quip that it is probably the longest living fish ever bought Mario the @$@%&*@$.

And do I feel better now? NO!! I hate that beyatch. And that damn anemone is between 30 - 36" now for @#$%'s sake. I am scared to fall into the tank.

What do I get if I can catch it? :p

Well, I just did a major no-no. I bought a fish on impulse from The Shark Reef. And it's too big for my 40g QT tank. So, it had a 2 hour acclimation to the display tank and I have my fingers crossed. Well, I don't really, but I should. It is an Atlantic Blue Tang that is about 2" larger than the max size stated in Michael Scott's Aquarium Fishes coming in at 11.5". How do I know? It sucked up against the 5g bucket and I measured it.

So I put it in the display after lights out, and I don't know if anyone watches Futurama, but you know how Bender craps those bricks? Well that is exactly what my PBT just did.

So I am ashamed that I am breaking all my rules on this one. I don't even know what to think. Have I become Sherman? Even he asked me what the hell I was doing? Oh well, it came out of a local tank that it had outgrown, was obviously well cared for, and reportedly eats an entire sheet of nori at each meal time. I'll bet he has some rancid turds.

ABT Update: Looking very good, calm, presenting to the cleaner wrasses all day, no social problems. BUT, it did not eat tonight. I did see it eating off the rocks and tank walls, but I am concerned it will go the way of the naso. Tomorrow I will get some nori sheets (what it has eaten in the past) and try getting it to eat.

During feeding time, it actually hid behind some rocks.

If you are the previous owner, please post feeding technique so I can help this fish do well.

Back