Me, Myself, & Sherman too.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

perish the thought! :D

So more good news. Tonight Blue ate with the rest of the pack, consuming the shredded nori and pieces of my home-made food.

nopre. still a bit shy of me, but I expect that within a day or two he will mug for the camera. Patience grasshopper, patience. :)

Pics please, when you can, Jonathan. :D

Good to hear he's eating now Jonathan. Really glad he was lucky enough to have you rescue him! Can't wait to see some pictures -- glad to hear you didn't scare him too bad, having your mug staring down at him while he was stuck in that acclimation bucket!

I know how much you love these 'remember when?' guessing games, but I want to share a photo of the beautiful green tabling coral frag you shared with Nate and I when we visited you last year. It was the one that was towards the back left corner of the tank, it was about impossible to see except from up above with the viewing box.

It's been growing well in our main tank and has a whole bunch of blue tips. I recently moved it to our 40 gallon frag system with 2 175 W 10K Reeflux and four 4 foot actinics (Tank is 4' long, 18" wide, 13" tall).

We're within a couple days of adding fresh water to our new system for a leak test. Finally have created a tank build link here:

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=409873#post409873

:)

So glad to see it growing well in your system. It is indeed a beautiful coral. I have in fact lost both those colonies but I think there are probably still seeds of them in the system. It's amazing how quickly I forget.

Your system is coming along nicely. I really am looking forward to heading out your way next year and checking it out in person. Oh, and in our "swap" I got a pale blue tabling acro that is ready to be planted. It is looking REALLY good, but I am scared to move it from the frag rack! Anyway, I have been contemplating it's placement for weeks and I still can't make up my mind. Its coloration is so nice right now, I just want to keep it that way.

Good luck on the water test!

OK boys and girls, I did my best to get some shots. It's amazing how bad my glass looks when viewed in these pics. I just haven't been able to do the maintenance I should be due to my back issues. But I am glad to post some pics and a vid. of Big Blue joining the gang:

CIMG8406.jpg

CIMG8411.jpg

CIMG8421.jpg

CIMG8422.jpg

CIMG8423.jpg

CIMG8431.jpg

Wow, he sure is a beauty, but the vid won't work for us. :-(

So how'd you train him to lay down? :p

eh, not happy with it right now. I see stress on corals. No time to play with it either. :( Well, the strong will survive right? Or maybe I should say, the cheap shall survive? :rolleyes:

Beautiful huge fish, it is one of the tangs I had on my original wish list but you just do not see them locally (or at least I never have). Thanks for sharing the pics and vids.

Looks like your over the hump, with him eating so aggressively he should do well. Looks like i need to pick you up a case of nori next time I go to the asian market!

I'd have to harvest the grass first and that sounds like work! Hmmm....speaking of which, I have been meaning to make some pasta marinara. :eek:

Back