Me, Myself, & Sherman too.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

"an Atlantic Blue Tang " Souds georgeous---Pictures please--- My wife wanted one of those---A much much smaller one !

:)

Paul

No luck with the ABT eating yet. I got a full run-down from the previous owner on eating habits but still it's a no-go. :(

I have spent the entire day trying to get it to eat. She offered to come a long way and try to coax it to eat, which I think might work, since fish get accustomed to their human friends, and adult fish do not like changes.

No luck with the ABT eating yet. I got a full run-down from the previous owner on eating habits but still it's a no-go. :(

I have spent the entire day trying to get it to eat. She offered to come a long way and try to coax it to eat, which I think might work, since fish get accustomed to their human friends, and adult fish do not like changes.

Sorry to hear that. I didn't know that fish get accustomed to their keeper. Very interesting

OK...so good news! After working on him all day at 8:00 pm he finally ate some nori off a clip. I don't usually feed this way, but I will use the clip until I can wean him off it. So, hopefully he will eat again tomorrow. I don't see any social problems but he is clearly wary of me. Perhaps that is because of his 2+ hours in a bucket acclimating to my system with me staring at him. It could also be partly due to the intense lighting and unfamiliar surroundings, or even perhaps that none of my fish are scared of him.

I nearly jumped for joy when I saw him tear into that nori sheet. Then I remembered I had a martini in my hand.

Yeah, I am enjoying a rum and Diet ginger ale right now. Don't have any coke, so I'm makin' do with what I got.

Congrats on your fish finally eating. It is important to celebrate the little things in life. I know how stressed out I get when something aint right in my tank. And then something good happens and life is good once again. Or I remember that was life was good all along.

Gary

and you are low on ginger ale I take it? :lol: j/k yeah, I was really kind of stressed out today, because it was again lik ethe naso tangs I lost. Also adult fish purchases and I just think that is a bit risky. Heck, everything I did with regard to this fish is risky IMO. But he is beautiful and I hope for the best.

no pics until I know we are in the clear. He is still very tentative and I am concerned about him not getting riled up during feeding time. He is improving though so today will be a pivotal day.

OK...he ate again after the lights came on this morning. Still not very aggressive, but definitely a lot less worrisome at this point.

I may be in over my head though...what do you do with a fish that sucks up an entire sheet of nori like that? Anyone think it may present a waste problem?? :eek:

I may be in over my head though...what do you do with a fish that sucks up an entire sheet of nori like that? Anyone think it may present a waste problem?? :eek:

you're thinking of that now? :shock: I guess you're gonna have to trust your skimmer and stay cool:cool:

I am just joking. But it is a bit of a shock to see him in the tank, and to also realize I have other fish that will grow that big.

Back