Me, Myself, & Sherman too.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sunday is doable for me as well. Shoot me a PM with some contact information, and I'll get intouch with you this evening.

Some pics for you HOs:

Believe it or not, I think this is actually a pink cap:
pink%20cap%20021207.jpg

Jade Torch after 5 heads died. The last one has been alive for 2 weeks now:
jade%20torch%20021207.jpg

teardrop%20021207.jpg

gbta%20and%20friend%20021207.jpg

tort%20021207.jpg

orange%20cap%20021207.jpg

digitata%20021207.jpg

monti%20frag%20021207.jpg

And a few more...

acro1%20021207.jpg

monti%20021207.jpg

I know this is a bad pic but it was the best I could get. It is from Eric's last SPS order:

acro2%20021207.jpg

birdsnest%20021207.jpg

Thanks! The camera is not the best and the water is deep so I have a hard time with it but I'll make do until I can get a better camera. :)

Photos & Deltec hook-up

Hi Jonathan,

Sure like your pixs - glad to see you cleaned the front pane of your tank!

I decided to buy the Deltec reactor (601S) and it's supposed to arrive late this week or early next week. Perhaps I can lure you over sometime next week to answer a few questions about the most proficient way of hooking it up.

My new chiller arrived a couple of days ago and I am setting it up as well. Also, my new topping-up scheme is in the process of been hooked up. - Man this joint is jumping.

Tage

aquareefer

375 gal. marine reef system

Last edited:
Hey Tage, very cool! We had a great time over at your place the other day. No problem helping with the reactor. Just let me know when you want to do it. :)

I made it over to Johnathan's tonight and I have to say that is one kick butt set-up. As nice as things look in the pics, it is much better in person. Thanks Johnathan, I had a good time. I was able to pick up some really good ideas and hopefully give back one or two.

Well we had quite a day today with reef related visitors. First off, Don Nguyen and his lovely family met us at the Dojo and we came back to our house for lunch and reef BS. (and a beer) Don is a really great guy. Sherman also came over for a while and we hung out and talked reef stuff, equipment etc.

Then we split over to Sherman's house to check out his sweet tank. It's always impressive to go see his system because it is so pristine.

Later Sherman came back over to my place to test some beer and make sure it is good to sell in our store. The 2007 Big Foot is really freakin' awesome. Brian (IAP) showed up later and we fed the tank and BS'd 'till now. (And had some beer) I have no idea when Sherman left but he called me the devil and ran out of the house... It was nice to chat with Brian one-on-one about various tank topics and I think he enjoyed some of my little "innovations".

The only thing that could have made the evening better would be a good supply of strippers. I just can't get them to do their thing in the tank room. ;)

My alk is slowly creeping up so I may have to figure out how to dial that down a bit. Corals look great. All the ones we got from Eric are in excellent shape.

Wow...I was posting while you were! :lol:

And you did give me some good ideas, but I have no memory dammit! I just found out I am married and have a kid!

Last edited:
Well we had quite a day today with reef related visitors. First off, Don Nguyen and his lovely family met us at the Dojo and we came back to our house for lunch and reef BS. (and a beer) Don is a really great guy. Sherman also came over for a while and we hung out and talked reef stuff, equipment etc.

Then we split over to Sherman's house to check out his sweet tank. It's always impressive to go see his system because it is so pristine.

Later Sherman came back over to my place to test some beer and make sure it is good to sell in our store. The 2007 Big Foot is really freakin' awesome. Brian (IAP) showed up later and we fed the tank and BS'd 'till now. (And had some beer) I have no idea when Sherman left but he called me the devil and ran out of the house... It was nice to chat with Brian one-on-one about various tank topics and I think he enjoyed some of my little "innovations".

The only thing that could have made the evening better would be a good supply of strippers. I just can't get them to do their thing in the tank room. ;)

My alk is slowly creeping up so I may have to figure out how to dial that down a bit. Corals look great. All the ones we got from Eric are in excellent shape.

Thanks so much for having us over to your place Jonathan. Needless to say I was pretty much awestruck with your beautiful tank. Sherman's 75 was equally impressive with all the beautiful SPS and the colours on that marine betta WOW!

D.

Glad to meet you and enjoyed your company. Hope you guys get involved with the Dojo too. Sherman and I will have to come check out your tank when you are ready.

Don't worry Don, I'm sure you'll get it straightened out soon. We all go through problems like that. Looking forward to that BBQ!

so I accidentally dosed my system with vodka today...well, it was the Pravda that Sherman brought over and it was harsh. :) Rick and I were a bit startled by it and I dumped it into the reef. Then I quickly poured some Crater Lake (which was also supplied by Sherman) and we felt much better. :D

Thank God for Sherman. We also had some nice cheeses, and were bummed that Sherman couldn't join us. How sad that he supplied the booze but couldn't enjoy it with us!! <urp>

Back