Mesh Modding H&S A150-2001

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hmm...I thought it weighed less...

Anybody know where to pick a Dwyer RMA 22-SSV? Not having much luck finding one online...

Nick

Bless you!!!!!!

Been googling this thing 32 different ways to Sunday trying to find that exact freakin page...their website wasnt exactly helpful to me either!!!!

Thank you very much!

Nick

Nope, dont have a killawatt....want one though...

Why would it be pulling more electricity?

Nick

BTW I have one if you want to borrow it. I will say my meshed Sedra 5000 is pulling about 5 more watts than stock ..BUT, I left the mesh kinda fluffy, I may try to make it a tad flatter and see what the difference is.

If its pulling more electricity, is this going to shorten the life of the pump?

Nick

If its pulling more electricity, is this going to shorten the life of the pump?

Nick

Nick I wouldn't worry about the little difference in power consumed, it shouldn't be enough to hurt anything, as centrifugal pumps are made to vary according to flow rates anyways. Sorta like when you throttle back the valve on a return pump to lower the flow, the consumed power drops accordingly.

Thanks Scott. I figured that would be the case. But I'm just a former Marine turned Cop....not an electrical guy.

:)

Nick

Just ordered a Dwyer RMA-22, it should be here sometime this week, I'm thinking Wednesday-ish.

Another thought for you guys...wouldnt putting the pieces of mesh between pieces of cloth or paper towel, (washcloth etc) and heating it and pressing it with an iron do the same thing as using a heat gun and books?

How compressed am I trying to make this thing?

Nick

Nick, I would think you'd accomplish it by using the iron, and pressing down hard with the iron or moving it inbetween books after the iron has it heated up. I imagine you could do it several ways, like in between some heavy iron skillets in a low temp oven with a brick on top, etc. However, a heat gun would be so much cooler! :D lolol ;)

Yeah, but I dont have one.....

Go ahead, take away my Man Card now.....

:(

Nick

Thanks Scott...preciate the love.

Gotta be honest tho...the Man Card was pretty much gone when I asked if the wife's hair dryer or an iron would be an acceptable substitute....

On the other hand, that would be the best use for the hair dryer I've seen yet.

Nick

Back