MJ mods

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bradreef

always kidding
How did everyone like the Maxijet stream's? Who recieved them and did you build your own? How about Todd's seaswirl clone?

You are Awesome Brad, thanks!

Brad,
I just want to say That you and your helper were Awesome!:)

I saw a lot of people very happy with results.

Vicki looked like she was excited to put it into her aquarium!

Some people were ahead of the game and introduced compatible hardware.

I can not show you more about this. The formula cost 15 dollars in parts.
I can only say. People are working to make things easier and cheaper for aquarist. This was a device that rotated the direction of the Maxijet.
If you have a Sea Swirl you know that one can only put so much water per hour in it. I heard about a 1000 gph. Ok, how about if you can rotate a 2000 gph powerhead like a Sea Swirl?;)

You know its hard to impress the experienced Reefer.

Brad,
I think you grabbed the attention of a experience Reefer! This is Brad demonstrating the mod of a maxi jet to Leng Sy.:)
Leng you are a very giving Soul. I know that you love the hobby and want to give your heart to help others! PSAS was blessed by your presence!:)

James,
I am a little late. It was nice to see ya and thanks for showing ways to improve Maxi jets.
I heard from a guy that has Maxi-Jets today. He has several. He only sells five at a time. He does not have any 1200's left. If you are interested in the smaller Maxi jets and want to buy five at a time or more for 8 dollars a piece email me and I will forward the information. He may change his mind. But he tried calling me today instead of before meeting, it happens(smile).
my email is
[email protected]

By the way... If you get the 1.5" SCH80 pipes from Mcmaster.com, they come in dark gray and is almost an exact match of the Maxijet body.

This is mine for an example.

100_6867.JPG

smellyfish- we would have loved to have you here for our meeting since you are one of the original DIY guys. Todd needs to help me make a swirlerstein also.

spongebob lover said:
the sooner the better since i'm dilating :p.

Now that's a true reefer. Will you be stopping off on the way to the hospital to pick up a bucket of salt? LOL

Oh Lord, I dont think I need that excitement at my house. I'll mail it.. lol.. just kidding Gab. I'll hang on to it just in case.

Hey I dont think I'll take one after all. I'm gonna make due with what I have and save for some corals/fish :)

Thanks, Travis

bradreef said:
smellyfish- we would have loved to have you here for our meeting since you are one of the original DIY guys. Todd needs to help me make a swirlerstein also.

I would have loved to help. Unfortunately I am not actually in the area yet :)

Hopefully by September we'll be all done and moved. Will have to check out the club too :)

D.

Hey Smelly Fish(father of the HH Guide to the MJstream),
Can't wait 'till you move to Seattle to give PSAS a presentation on the DIY swirler-stein. Mine works, but I'm always still tinkering with. I made two mainly copying parts from Hahnmeister's, Hmott's, and yours. You also made your own case, so that was cool too.

Brad,
I just bought the Radio Shack box($4.99). When I move everything into the larger box, I'll try and take pictures of a parts blow up of the swirler-stein.

For everyone else looking for a way to make a powerhead swirl, here's the swirler-stein thread from RC:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=799971&perpage=25&highlight=diy%20swirl&pagenumber=1

Back