Mouse's 125 peninsula dream + 2

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Looks good bro! I think your rock work looks good. Don't need any more rock. When you add all the corals you won't even notice it plus you will have more room for your corals to grow out.

so thats that rock

remember ME??
march13024.jpg

feb13015.jpg

so that must be the rock that you told me about. hey that great stuff works great. i guess thats why they call it great stuff. hahaha.

So do you need to separate drains for the Herbie drain?
yes well, I believe so.. one is a back up encase you turn the gate valve to much or something gets clogged... one is shorter than the other for the "main"

so that must be the rock that you told me about. hey that great stuff works great. i guess thats why they call it great stuff. hahaha.
Thats the 25 pounder made from like 11 different rocks..

Looks good bro! I think your rock work looks good. Don't need any more rock. When you add all the corals you won't even notice it plus you will have more room for your corals to grow out.
But don't i want like a pound per gallon??
I'm about 50 short.. I was gonna squezze as much in the sump as posible plus I still have two 6 lbs rocks from my other system going in there later down the road..

tank cleared up in like -3 hours..
I guess rinsing that sand for hours payed off..
I still gotta clean the inside of the tank....
march13027.jpg

march13028.jpg

march13029.jpg

Looking good looking good like watcha did with the main rock. Betcha the anticipation is killing u to put fish and corals in there lol. Good work man cant wait to see it in action.

I'm gonna run ALL tests on it tomorrow and see where I stand.
Gonna wait at least a week or two till any live stock goes in..
Got to also get a cleaning crew for this thing..

But don't i want like a pound per gallon??
I'm about 50 short.. I was gonna squezze as much in the sump as posible plus I still have two 6 lbs rocks from my other system going in there later down the road..

I don't do everything by text book. I think with the advance in skimmers nowadays that rule really don't apply as much anymore IMO. Same goes for the watts per gallon and 1/2'' of fish per gallon crap too!! In my 270 I will only have maybe 200lbs of rock and that is PLENTY of course the rocks I have are very pourous too.

I don't do everything by text book. I think with the advance in skimmers nowadays that rule really don't apply as much anymore IMO. Same goes for the watts per gallon and 1/2'' of fish per gallon crap too!! In my 270 I will only have maybe 200lbs of rock and that is PLENTY of course the rocks I have are very pourous too.

Do I take that chance???
I really don't know??
I DO have a WAY bigger skimmer than I need..
I just don't want to fight water parameters.

Quick up date..
The temp is now a good 78..
The skimmer foam has colapsed, (nothing left to skimm out)
And the plumbing is holding good except one fitting at the gate valve at the overflow which I will fix this morning...
just a threaded fitting....
I'm loving the silent overflow. But now I gotta figure out how to quiet down the splashing of water going threw the coast to coast overflow..

Last edited:
mostly fiji and porous stuff It looks heavy but it's pretty light except a few pieces that are heavy.
Some is the red stuff some the "lacey" stuff..
It's really a mix of all types....
I want 30-50 lbs more just to be safe..
I would like one more big piece for the main display..

O.K. I think I know what it is now, just did a search and it's the darker color stuff that has big holes in it that don't go all the way threw it??
Kind of a rock with dimples???

I think your answer lies in what you just said. If you don't know exactly what it is.....................................
I myself am not sure, but I have heard that it will release stuff in your tank. When I tried it years ago, it became a hair algae haven, I don't think you want to take that chance with this beauty. JMHO

You can pick up some pretty nifty looking rock, you just may have to do some searching around Adam.

That would be a big 10-4. That and the one in the middle. If you want to pick up more rock, now you have the perfect excuse. Do another search on here about folks using that stuff in their systems, and I bet you will be picking up some more fiji this afternoon or tomorrow. Good luck man, you have the start of a beautiful system!!!!!

Is it still bad if you break it open and it is white inside the rock??
I broke a piece a while ago and it loked just like live rock inside...kind of whitish gray.

Back