Mouse's 125 peninsula dream + 2

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have ball valves on the out put at each bulkhead and still need to add one more above the true union on the input.. Good eye jamie thanks for the concern and I am gonna go get a ball valve and one more coupling for the fix...

tank is about half full now..
Check out this flow from the CL
And Crystal decided to paint the "fish room" sky blue..

AND some wire management... I used the little white metal stapeles with the metal round thing on the top for stapeling wires but then I used zip ties to attach the wires so if I need to move something or change things I can easily remove the wires..
gonna wait for the rest when I get all the other heaters/skimmer pumps/return pumps/chiller and lights in.

you got it wet already:),,good for you ,,,and come along very nicely:)
I had everything ready to go on the tank except the hood when the tank got here.
I jumped right in to plumbing it...
I am soooo excited.

As a matter of fact, I have to admit I just got done staring at a half full tank of water, with the CL on, for a half hour..
I can't make my RO DI filter work fast enough.... UGGG, blast you you 75 gallon a day filter...

Looks great, I need to come see this in person. I cant wait to see it stocked...

Matt
Your welcome in my house any time MATT..
I am gonna take my time stocking it..
All my live rock is fully cured but I am gonna be patient with switching stock over.. prolly at least two or three weeks to make sure levels are good and equipment is running right..
My goal is to not lose any corals or fish in the move...

Your welcome in my house any time MATT..
I am gonna take my time stocking it..
All my live rock is fully cured but I am gonna be patient with switching stock over.. prolly at least two or three weeks to make sure levels are good and equipment is running right..
My goal is to not lose any corals or fish in the move...

if you need any help/advice during the move hit me up...

Matt

if you need any help/advice during the move hit me up...

Matt
I just might do that..
I think the best advise I've got is to not be in a hurry to move everything over..
The fish will be first then some zoos and softies ..
LPS will be after that and SPS will be a few months from the start, If I get my levels right..

Now I know I don't have my ballast yet or a hood but I thought I could get the tank going with the cured live rock I have and sand.. I added a few lbs of live sand from my other system...
These things don't need light to start my cycle right...
Plus the live rock was cured for a while...
All tests came up good on the live rock tub...
So I went for it....
I was excited so I took ALOT of pics...
AAANNDDDD I weighed my live rock And realized I need about 50 more lbs at least.. I only have around 120 lbs total. I would like at least 175 lbs..I will try to cram most of it in the sump if possible.. I'm loving the open tank look...

Last edited:
tank full of water ready for rock..
march13001.jpg

the first rocks in
march13002.jpg

most of the rock in
march13003.jpg

kind of hiding the intakes for the CL
march13004.jpg

just more rocks,
march13005.jpg

sand in tank.. I put too much in at first and ended up pulling out a lot.
Now I have like 60 lbs of NEW sand just got wet for a few minutes??
march13006.jpg

Front view
march13008.jpg

Right side view
march13009.jpg

left side view
march13011.jpg

top down.. gonna take the rest of the paper of after we fit the hood..
march13012.jpg

behind the black plexi the over flows and return.
march13014.jpg

looking good hey were you gonna put those frags of mine in the 29 gal tank :) and im back home now just i dont want people to come over cause i have to really fix my tanks lol

yet again behind the over flow
march13015.jpg

with nice black covers Jason made for me as a bonus
march13017.jpg

first compartment of the sump..
march13018.jpg

second compartment and return pump area.
march13020.jpg

front of stand looking in.
march13022.jpg

Back