oct2012.jpg

oct2014.jpg

oct2015.jpg

oct2016.jpg

about three weeks ago!
I can't wait for it to get good color
That one only weighs about 3 lbs..
Thanks thats the one "EYE SORE" in the tank to me right now>
I'm still embarased of all the "LITTLE" corals but.. I like them just the same!

I'm sure with all the life in your tank it will start picking up color in the next couple of weeks. I am someone who kind of prefers starting with frags instead of full blow colonies. I like the feeling of accomplishment of growing all of it yourself. I'm even worse with fish, I like to get them as babies and watch them grow up heh.

Thats what I did with all my fish except the clowns..
Mine were not super small babies but young for sure..
my diamond goby has grow like two inches in 4 months :)

Adam,

Your tank looks great man. Dont worry you have good growth from what I can see. Your corals will be big in no time.

I have seen a few tanks where they have had them up 3 to 4 years and do not have the growth you have. I know I have the same feeling about my corals too but I go back and look at the first pictures and remember how small they really were.

I bet in a year from now if your tank keeps growing the way it is this last 6 months you will be fraggin just to make room.

I get better use out of my kalk then the CR. I still have to add Calcium. Since I went to a much bigger tank I dont think I am adding enough. That and well I learned I was reading my test wrong so instead of 480 calcium it was 380 to 400. Almost within limits but not quite. I just added some earlier so I am about ready to run all my tests again.

I might set the CR pH lower to help break up more of the media. I will let you know how it goes.

BTW Do you have an Aqua Controller?

No plan on getting a PH controllor for the KALK reactor and a AQUA controler for CAL reactor and chiller control

No plan on getting a PH controllor for the KALK reactor and a AQUA controler for CAL reactor and chiller control

An Aqua Controller can control everything even your auto top off. Might be wise to get this next. It is expensive but well worth it in my eyes.

I relay on it more then the CR.

An Aqua Controller can control everything even your auto top off. Might be wise to get this next. It is expensive but well worth it in my eyes.

I relay on it more then the CR.
Well they way I want it set up is I want the CR to trun on when the PH is high and the KALKRX to turn on if it's low ..
Can it do this? is it dual stage PH control?

Well they way I want it set up is I want the CR to trun on when the PH is high and the KALKRX to turn on if it's low ..
Can it do this? is it dual stage PH control?

yes you can with two lines of code that is very easy. I suggest you read up on it, it is a great piece of equipment.

the code would look something like this...

If pH < 08.80 Then CRX ON
If pH > 08.40 Then CRX OFF
If pH < 08.00 Then KRX ON
If pH > 08.40 Then KRX OFF

This is if the probe is in the sump or tank of course.

The way I set mine up is the Kalk mixing pump turns on for 5 minutes every 8 hours.

I use the KalkRX with the Auto Top Off

My pH probe is inside the Calcium RX, you need to keep the pH lower a Calcium RX to break down the media. I have it set up as a drip into the main flow of the sump at a rate of 120 drips per minute. The CO2 is regulated at 30 bubbles per minute IF the pH level is too high in the Calcium RX that is.

You can always add an expansion probe so you have one in the tank / sump and one in the calcium RX.

Back