Moving to Seattle

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

treehugger

Hello All-
So I'm going to be moving from Santa Cruz, CA up to the Seattle area sometime here in the next couple of months. I've yet to visit but that's how I like to do things. Take a chance and hope for the best. I've been looking arorund trying to find a place to live online and was just wondering if anyone out there had any suggestions on good areas to move. I need to be semi close to UW for my GF and I'd like to be in a family friendly area as I have a 1 year old daughter. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Oh yeah did I mention I still have no idea how the hell I'm going to move my 120g reef. Sounds like fun doesn't it
Peace,Love,&Music
Jeff

I live in Shoreline and its a really calm place, the thing is that the price of houses are going up. Other nice places would Mountlake Terrace, Lake forrest Park. They are all kind of high in price though. Elmo18's GF lives down the street from the UW, when I picked up a fish from him the apartments seemed nice and calm. I am not sure though, ask Elmo. Thats all I know, I'm sure someone else will have some other ideas for locations. Oh and if you need any help setting the tank back up, I would be happy to help.

I used to live in Shoreline, its where I grew up. I would look at Lynnwood, Montlake Terrace, Lake Forest Park, etc. They're all great places.

Since you're from California too, you'll be used to the traffic too.

i used to live in Mill Creek and i always liked it there ...but a little bit pricey to live.
Now i live in Everett and i believe is a nice neighbourhood but it's a little bit father away from Seattle :p .

Hey Jeff -

Anything in general vacinity of Seattle is going to be super expensive although coming from Ca, you may be already used to that. The good news is that I think we have a great bus system around here. If you can afford it, anything in Seattle is going to be cool and convenient. However, you may have to go a little outside of town to find what your looking for price-range wise. I live in the Mill Creek/Snohomish area about 45 min North of Seattle and I take a bus into Seattle from a near by park-n-ride. I think it's a great area. On that bus are lots of U-dubber's and I always see them doing their homework on the ride in and back so your g-friend would probably fit right in. I'll throw out a couple other city names too pretty close that I don't think have already been mentioned that you may want to look into..

Issaquah, Bothell, Lynnwood, Lake Forest Park, Edmonds, Mountlake Terrace, Magnolia, Puyallup

You may also want to consider just renting a place out here temporarily until you can figure out what best suits your needs. That may allow you some more hunting time.

A good realator would also of course probably be helpful for you to assess your needs and help you find a good spot.

good luck man & see ya in a few months! :D

Oh.. and on the move of the tank.. Duane (Trido) may have some suggestions for you. He has a 120 and had to make the move recently from Cali up here and I don't think he suffered any casualties. May be worthwhile to shoot him a PM.

Hi there. "Default" is correct. We live right around the UW in the Ravenna/U-District area.

Here are some areas that are rather close to UW..

Ravenna, Green Lake, Wedgwood, U-District, Laurelhurst...and then some that are still close, such as Crowne Hill, and Ballard.

Here's a cool house, IMO, brick and all :) in the Crown Hill/Ballard area.
http://www.coldwellbanker.com/servl...lbankerDataProperty_id=11759794&page=property

Either way, Washington State is an awesome place to live in. I look forward to seeing another 'soon-to-be' PSAS member here :)

Best,
Ilham

I live in the Mill Creek/Snohomish area about 45 min North of Seattle and I take a bus into Seattle from a near by park-n-ride.

Let me guess .....McCollum park and ride :p:D.

My husband does the same thing :lol:...i used to walk from about Central Market, all the way to McCollum as the trail is awesome for working out or taking dogs for a walk....and after that.....cold stone:badgrin: :D or jamba juice hehe....aahh i used to be in love with Mill Creek :oops:.

now... that house is expensive ...but about the right price if you wanna live close to Seattle:doubt:.
By the way now that i think about it ...my neighbours are selling their home :lol::p...but it's bigger than that and for a little bit less :p.

Back