Tank move

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

No someone on here gave me his number ,but that was years ago. You can get a account and a card to get water from the aquarium. Then you just need a few water barrels and a pump system. And the salinity needs to be brought up on the aquarium water. It's lower than 1.026, so you have to add some salt. I know there are others on here that have used the aquarium water , I think you can find details out on there website.

So r u going with the piano mover? Both that and the ro bypass trick sound great. Never would have thought of either myself. Go figure lol.
If u do end up needing help. I'm sure u can rally some folks together.
(Me included lol)

So r u going with the piano mover? Both that and the ro bypass trick sound great. Never would have thought of either myself. Go figure lol.
If u do end up needing help. I'm sure u can rally some folks together.
(Me included lol)

well, I have a big problem with paying someone to do something I can do myself. Shoot, I even have a hard time asking for help. there is also the fact that after a new house and the cost of the tank, as well as any unforseen costs I'm certain I haven't thought about, I'm basicly broke, so that leaves profesional movers out of the question. I know it is risky, but if something horrible happens i can only blame myself. I figure 8-10 people and some thick 6" wide tow straps under the tank and it should be fairly simple

Can't you just rent large suction cups for moving heavy glass and get a few people to help lift it? I'm really close to Lake Stevens and I can help you on this end if you need it. For salt just to see Rob at Redc and order up a 1050 gallon mix of Salinity salt for $300.

Brian

Last edited:
I really like the idea of the suction cups. Brian I'll take you up on that offer to help. I'll need as much help as I can get. Like I said, pizza, beer or maybe barbecue. It could be a good time. I'll have a better idea of an exact time fram as we get a little closer

Sounds good my days off are Wednesday and Sunday I'm glad we are getting more reefers up north! I live in Granite Falls and I work in Lake Stevens it's only 10 miles from my house.

Last edited:
I really like the idea of the suction cups. Brian I'll take you up on that offer to help. I'll need as much help as I can get. Like I said, pizza, beer or maybe barbecue. It could be a good time. I'll have a better idea of an exact time fram as we get a little closer

When I bought my 240 glass tank, I had to meet the delivery truck in Tacoma.
I only brought 3 friends and 4 suction cups. Without those 4 suction cups, there was no way we were going to get that tank loaded into my pickup and out of the pickup onto the stand.

When I bought my 240 glass tank, I had to meet the delivery truck in Tacoma.
I only brought 3 friends and 4 suction cups. Without those 4 suction cups, there was no way we were going to get that tank loaded into my pickup and out of the pickup onto the stand.

I figured suction cups or heavy duty nylon tow straps under the tank kinda like a sling

You can get hump straps that movers use for lifting appliances. My wife works for a moving company and they use them all the time. I may be able to borrow some?

You can get hump straps that movers use for lifting appliances. My wife works for a moving company and they use them all the time. I may be able to borrow some?

That would be awesome! I'll try and make things as painless as possible. I figure a nice u haul with a low bed hight and a ramp, some straps 8-10 people, that should make the lift less than 100 lbs. a person. food and beer to follow. I should also add that when everything is all settled in I should have some tank items I will no longer be needing that will be up for grabs

But 200 gal boxes of IO salt mix from Fosters or Marine depot with free shipping and no taxes. They often have salt on sale making it even cheaper.
Use the movers unless you have 10 guys, straps and cups. It isn't the lifting, it is the maneuvering

But 200 gal boxes of IO salt mix from Fosters or Marine depot with free shipping and no taxes. They often have salt on sale making it even cheaper.
Use the movers unless you have 10 guys, straps and cups. It isn't the lifting, it is the maneuvering

Thank you Mike, I will check into that, I can start hoarding some water from my current system as well, to help kick start this system maybe. I figure between RF and work I should be able to get 10 people

well, I just ordered 1200 gallons of salt mix. 240 dollars shipped to the door. not too bad! I have a buddy at work looking into a couple piano dollys and possibly some all terrain wheel options for the dirt hill. Over the next couple days I will try to nail down exact day/time for those that are interested in helping with the move. I also have access to a car trailer, might be a better option than the u haul. Lower deck height, less lifting. I might start building some of the stand this weekend and logging the progress in the large tank forum.

Back