MrGone's fish tank room

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Haha thanks guys!

I got all the aquariums in place, now waiting for the bulkheads to come and need to do the wiring (among other things)

154472_517009285081_299000042_616837_2796357_n.jpg

Haha not quite. I'm hoping that when we are finished with the cabinetry it will look less like a store.

Progress has been slower than expected, I think with the snow and holidays it took a back burner plus I'd been procrastinating on ordering some parts.

It has been an expensive couple of days. I ordered 600lbs of dry rock from ReefCleaners tonight. Last night I ordered two Water Blaster HY-10000's and two Vortech MP60W's at Aquacave's black friday sale along with a decent order from Bulk Reef Supply (I'm really starting to regret buying a used RO/DI machine and expanding on it/piecing a system together, all said and done it would have been better to buy a second Puratek 100gpd RO/DI from Barrier). I also ordered a new pH probe fitting from GEOs and am about to place the flexpvc order for some plumbing parts. Hopefully its just a matter of waiting for this stuff to arrive and plumbing it. I hope to have the electrical roughed out sometime in the next week.

Thanks! yeah, I was thinking "maybe we should build this into a bar so we can eat in here, and put a TV in here, and a desk and ... yeah".

Yesterday and today has been Christmas here with a lot of supplies coming.
Picked up stuff to start on wiring the room
63463_517200317251_299000042_620868_6227793_n.jpg

Bulkhead City (thanks Jason!!!)
156003_517200417051_299000042_620869_948712_n.jpg

stuff to build the RO/DI setup and more plumbing parts
156969_517232976801_299000042_620949_6233838_n.jpg

I am entirely too excited about this one, with good reason I think
47650_517232832091_299000042_620947_3340928_n.jpg

We have a ton of work to do this weekend/next week.

Wow! I definitely wish I could have a fish room! Haha very, very nice. I look forward to reading and following the updates :D

Ok so it's been a bit longer than anticipated but I'm hoping to start getting water in the system by Monday.

There are now four 20 amp circuits going to the aquarium. Circuits 1 and 2 go to the back corner by the pump tank, circuit 1 just has four outlets, circuit 2 also has 4 outlets there then runs to ten other locations in the room, above the tanks and below the stand for various pumps and other equipment. Circuit 3 runs to the garage side of the left wall above the 125g tanks and will be for all the lighting. Circuit 4 runs to the right side of the room and is for the RO/DI machine and any chiller we may need. I also have a box on the outside of the house that ties into circuit 4 (so we can put the chiller outside) and the ceiling fan runs off circuit 4. (I also ran a 5th circuit to two locations in my garage but thats not related to the aquarium room, its for my welder and other equipment).

Tonight my Dad and I finished drilling all of the glass tanks. All that is left is to finish plumbing all the sumps together and the manifold for the display tanks to the sumps. I also still need to make all the reflectors and address the lighting but I can do that later.

Looking forward to seeing everything up and running by Monday!!! :D. Good luck and I hope you don't run into any surprises! :)

Glad to see you here MrGone. Amazing setup. If you are lonely and depressed, just go here.

So if you are still setting this up, where did all the LED's lighting go? (based on your post from the other forum)

Mr gone great work so far. I've been working on a similar build as well just not as high end of equipment. My question is what our u doing for ventilation? I saw u mention that u wanted to put a TV in the room but that could lead to issues if There isn't proper ventilation. Looking forward to your response.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Glad to see you here MrGone. Amazing setup. If you are lonely and depressed, just go here.

So if you are still setting this up, where did all the LED's lighting go? (based on your post from the other forum)

The LED setup I built is for my Dad's office aquarium. I'd love to run LEDs on this setup but it is too expensive right now :(

I already have three 250w lumateks from my 150g and I bought two more 250w vertex's from Barriers last sale. I was planning on using the dual galaxy ballast I bought from Apollo but the guy who is buying my 150g wanted a full setup so I figured it would work better for him. I still need to order a couple more MH ballasts and I am having my friend make knock off lumenbright 3 reflectors because he has the tools to easily cut and bend sheet metal (where I'd have to sit down with tin snips and 2x4's ;))

The plan is to do three 250w MH's over each 125g, still not sure what I want to do over the 210g (FOWLR) and was thinking about doing two 250w MH's over the 75g as a frag tank eventually, but for right now I'm taking a crowded 150g and stuffing it into 535g of display tanks so things will look sparse for a while :-/

Back