My 120 Gallons Of Paradise

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

Well you got a couple really cool little fish in that last hour of your trip. Did you bring them back with you or have them shipped later?

Wow you can net fish in Hawaii? Any details? My fience and me are going there this year for our Honeymoon and it would be awsome to bring a couple fish home.

Here is a link to the website where you apply for your collection permit. it was honestly pretty challenging to catch the fish, gave myself an hour to collect before we had to leave to the airport for the flight home(so they would not sit in bags to long) the method i used was to find a fish and follow it until it darted in the rocks, i would swim down and take a stick and insert it into the rock near the fish and scare it back out the hole it entered into a hand net. like i said a challenge haha. fish spent less than 12 hours total bagged. i tried to make a drop net out of mosquito netting but it was a total failure. hope this helps.

https://dlnr.ehawaii.gov/cmls-publi...8299B1B_k6F50E311-A518-8791-27E9-618A8D659F7F

Almost all done!

Wife said the clutter had to go so this is my solution. tank has been neglected a bit this summer (lots going on) so hope i can get everything perked up in the tank after the shuffle.

WOW very nice set up. You have a nice counter top there to do fragging too. Hey stranger! Hope all is going well.

48 led kit on the way. 2x 6x20 heat sinks with rapid programer and fan kits. let the building begin! the tank isn't looking so hot got a bit to hot over the summer and i dosed mg (to battle the bryopsis) to much resulting in some sps die off (guess thats the way the game works) anyway looking to getting my hands dirty on a new project and the tank back in full swing!

Wife said the clutter had to go so this is my solution. tank has been neglected a bit this summer (lots going on) so hope i can get everything perked up in the tank after the shuffle.

That's pretty nifty! Now to avoid the temptation to place a small aquarium on top of that nice empty counter top!

Led build is coming along little by little. starting to get things wired up, trying to take my time and do it right. ill try and get a few pics posted to show progress.

Back