My 125g Display Tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

luke33

Its been up for 3yrs in my new house. Here's the latest pics with my new pink tipped elegance.

100_3182.jpg

100_3191.jpg

100_3218.jpg

100_3220.jpg

100_3221.jpg

100_3222.jpg

100_3227.jpg

100_3238.jpg

100_3240.jpg

100_3247.jpg

100_3250.jpg

Looks very nice Luke! I'm jealous...

Nick

Thanks! The elegance is brand new. Only had it a couple days. It was at the lfs for a month and the colors got better and better so I thought i'd give it a try. I'll do an equipment update and all the parameters here in the next few days.

Its an Aussie. I wouldn't have an Indo with there track record as of lately.

Parameters: Alk-7-9dkh, Calc- 420-450, mag 1300, sg .26, Trates, trites, am, po4 undetectable. PH-8-8.2, temp 78-79.

Lighting is a retrofit 6x60" t5 with 4 tek 2 reflectors in the middle with two diy IC reflectors to 60" on each end. I'm overdriving them at 100w a piece using two IC 660's.
Bulb's are all Ati except one, the KZ FP and are front to back - B+, AB, Fiji purple, B+, AB, B+

No heaters in tank. The return pump is a QO4100. It works for now, will pry replace it with an ocean runner in the future. But for now its efficient and quiet. Its only pushing 500gph with head loss. The flow in the tank is always being changed. At the moment i'm running a mj high flow mod and a new sunsun 3k gph powerhead. I have around 5500gph flow.

I have alot of skimmers but at the moment i am running a octo nw200 recirc'd with a sicce. It is pulling 40scfh as a meshwheel and being fed with a 300gph feed pump.

This will be replaced with a cnc(octo pro) 300 askoll. I'm waiting for cnc to send me a replacement collection cup as it was broke in shipping.

My sump is the normal 3 chamber sump. Its 48x16x16. The first chamber is being used as a fuge and is 16x16. The second chamber is 16x20 and the third is 12x16. The total system is around 160g water volume.

For calc and alk i use two part from bulk reef supply. Works perfect for me so far.

Are those Lunar Eclipse Palythoa (on the right with the orange skirt)? Got a close up?

Not real sure about what they are honestly. I'll try and get some close up s of my zoa's. I pry have 8-10 different kinds, just don't really get into the zoa's to much anymore. I have some bright green's, purple and blue's, red's, orange's, watermellon, maroon's....etc, just kinda scattered around. I'll see if i can do that tonight.

Here's a few new sps frags I have. Everything is pretty much on cruise control as I don't really do anything but add calc and alk and water once a week. Everything else is on timers besides feeding. Only thing thats been a bit of a pain is the skimmer as its pulling out a full collection cup of skimmate every 12hrs since replacing the octo. The cnc 300a is pulling 60w and 75scfh hooked up. Pretty amazing looking in a 8" 23" tall body. Only loss is the electric green mili. FWIW, I wouldn't suggest buying severely burnt corals at a huge discount. But 2 out of 3 made it : ) First three pics are the new frags. Aussie acans. Not sure what there names are, but the one is purpleish/blue body with red/maroon polyps, haven't seen one like that before.

100_3441-1.jpg

100_3439-1.jpg

100_3440-1.jpg

I changed up the lighting a bit, only running blue + and aquablue's now. I like the blue look and to be honest its not a deep blue, more 14k.

100_3436.jpg

And some random shots. My clowns host mainly the frogspawn but like the toadstool, elegance and xenia corner : ()

100_3451.jpg

Brown tricolor is now green polyp'd with a purple body.

100_3447-1.jpg

Here's my sump - The boy's whip is behind it yo.

100_2229-1.jpg

Skimmer

100_2843-1.jpg

And a shot at the zoa's. They are under actinic here. They are bright as fire red when under normal conditions, just don't have a pic.

100_2756-1.jpg

Looks good man!

Only thing thats been a bit of a pain is the skimmer as its pulling out a full collection cup of skimmate every 12hrs since replacing the octo. The cnc 300a is pulling 60w and 75scfh hooked up. Pretty amazing looking in a 8" 23" tall body.

Got a link where I can learn more about this skimmer? Those are some insane numbers!

Nick

Nope, there all discontinued. CNC marine supply use to make them. I can tell you anything and everything you would like to know about them though. 22.5" tall, 8" body 5" diameter neck. 75scfh(hooked up) 57-63w, removable bubble plate, uses a laguna maxflo 1500 with a modded volute. Its basically a red dragon pump, or an airstar, askoll.....etc, all same thing. Only thing I would do differently is make the neck diameter 6" or make the neck 2" taller as the pump is almost to much for the skimmer. Its been skimming a collection cup every 12hrs of brown skimmate. I just lowered it a bit to see what it'll do. I'll post some pics of the skimmate in a couple days.

Thanks.

The sun sun puts out nearly 3k gph, is quiet, pulls 20w and never has any startup probs. Its been running for 4mths with great performance. The magnets with it were much stronger than i anticipated so that was nice to see. My tank is 1/2" thick glass so i was worried about that one. I'm thinking about getting another one to replace the mjmods. It is the newest version with the ceramic shafts. I do take it out every month and inspect it to make sure nothing looks like its going bad. HTH

Luke

Back