My 20 Gallon Long......

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Did a slight rescape, trying to get zoanthids on one side and sps/lps on other, it's taking awhile. Also these pics are with all my new bulbs in place 2 ATI Blue+, 1 ATI AquaBlue Special, 1 GE 6500k.

rightside.jpg

Right Side

middle.jpg

Middle

leftside.jpg

Left Side

fts.jpg

FTS

Untitled-1.jpg

This guy i thought was dead a long time ago but it's growing back and over it's old skeleton.

Shrimpy.jpg

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1717.jpg

the coralline on the back wall makes it look like the the night sky is your back ground. Pretty neat.

Thanks guys! Yeah the wife likes the starry look the background has.

Soon that GSP in there should be bright green again, it was in my 10 gallon and turned brown so i just moved it back over, because brown star polyps just aren't too appealing :D

So i woke up this morning to my clowns basically laying on the bottom of the tank and sixline nonexistent, the only thing moving around was my blood cleaner shrimp. I immediately thought of water temperature since fish were so lethargic. My digital thermometer died awhile back because wife dropped the digital side in a bucket of water. I put my finger in the tank and it was super cold i dug out one of my old glass thermometers and got a reading of 65 degrees. I had a cheapo heater (slaps self) it was a walmart preset tetra heater. I should have noticed this sooner as fish haven't been very active lately and frogspawn and candycane hasn't been very opened up. So i ran to the pet store and got me a stealth heater and it's running as i type this hopefully everything will recover. I have some SPS that is STN hopefully it's not too late.

Never take for granted the simple things like a heater, this is the first one I've had fail on me in probably 15 years. Without a thermometer who knows how long it's been off but last night it got pretty cold in the apartment because i had left the window open for air. So far my male clown is swimming around a little and my YWG is out in the open, still haven't seen the sixline yet and the female clown is still sitting under a rock swaying back and forth.

No more cheap heaters for me!

Sorry to hear about the heater going bad. I've had the same thing happen with one of my Jager heaters, it just quit working one day. I've found it is always nice to have extra equipment if you can such as heaters and powerheads lying around. Never know when you might need one. *lol*

Cheers,
Alex

Thanks :) yeah i had spare heaters laying around but for a 55 gallon and a 90+ gallon so i woulda probably nuked the fish instead. This is my first stealth i hope it does well for me :) Oh and i had a spare heater for a 10 gallon too but i wanted to get a brand new heater of a different brand anyway.

I have a stealth heater and no problems for me. Do you have any updates? You have a beautiful tank.

thats a kool nano style tank. Do you have any new pics of your tank? i think it is a really nice tank.

Back