My 20 Gallon Long......

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Opps, Sorry about that. *lol* Just looked similar to pc lighting as far as the color. *lol* My apologies.

Cheers,
Alex

I have two new cheerleaders for my tank today! also one of my new zoos at top of pic.
SDC10890.jpg

Some new zoos thanks to Tony!(Ajnweb)
SDC10896.jpg

SDC10898.jpg

Luckily both Pom Poms picked visible locations to call home!
All of my pictures taken with my $60 Point and shoot camera.

All of my pictures taken with my $60 Point and shoot camera.

Those photos are really good for a cheap point and shoot. Heck I haven't even figured out how to take a good macro with my $300 Canon point and shoot. *lol*

Excellent shoots.
Alex

Those photos are really good for a cheap point and shoot. Heck I haven't even figured out how to take a good macro with my $300 Canon point and shoot. *lol*

Excellent shoots.
Alex

Thanks, took me a couple hundred pics to somewhat figure the stupid camera out. At first I couldn't get a focused picture to save my life.

PomPom crab are cool, i like them.

If it is a $60 camera, then they are excellent mate.

your main tank is gravity feed from the fuge. whenever the fuge has more water in it than the display tank, gravity is what moves it back into the main tank...
good job! i'm glad that you have proper lights on your tank.
what do you have in your HOB filter?

your main tank is gravity feed from the fuge. whenever the fuge has more water in it than the display tank, gravity is what moves it back into the main tank...
good job! i'm glad that you have proper lights on your tank.
what do you have in your HOB filter?

Thanks, i'm running Chemipure Elite in the Hob.

After a long fought war i was finally done and decided it was time to finish the battle.. No longer would i let this simple small shrimp get the best of me. He or she would no longer steal my frags and invert them for his or her structural supports! Yep this was the end of the pistol shrimps frag stealing days! I had devised a plan. It was a very cheap plan but with any luck it would work flawlessly. I decided it was time to create a simple little frag rack, and so what follows are the pictures of my simple design and implementation.

First a picture of the ruins that were once well placed frags.
SDC10958.jpg

Now a picture of my simple frag rack!
SDC10957.jpg

Lastly here is a picture of the simple frack loaded up.
SDC10960.jpg

SDC10990.jpg

Excellent job. I have done the same type of thing in the past and it works great.

Cheers,
Alex

Very nice looking tank so far!! I was wondering if you ordered your pom pom crabs online or through someone here in spokane?

I noticed that you've added a power head that looks to be feeding into the fuge. Is this correct?

Cheers,
Alex

Yes, i plan on removing the modified hob and just using the powerhead. Right now though the power head has too much flow and the u-tube stirs up the display sand REALLY bad. Soon as i get that issue figured out i'll remove the hob totally.

Thought i'd post a couple pics of my pom pom crab. I rarely see him or her so it's quite a big deal when he or she shows up somewhere in the tank. It's only at feeding time so far though :(

SDC11017.jpg

SDC11019.jpg

It has some monster pom pom's now!

Back