My 210 custom acrylic tank build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

here are some frags I got from Bosco today.

red monti
002-3.jpg

green hydno
004-5.jpg

green pocillopora
005-5.jpg

metallic frogspawn
014-2.jpg

3 frags of some zoos. not sure the names so if someone knows let me know
008-4.jpg

007-4.jpg

009-3.jpg

sorry about some of the bad pics. Matt is making me a view finder so I can take some look down pics.

ok. picked up a couple more corals yester day and thought I's post some pics.

zoos - not completely open yet
049-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

nice fox coral
051-1.jpg

black sun polyp
056-1.jpg

glowing green acro

059-1.jpg

2 acroporas millis i think.
057-1.jpg

058-1.jpg

full tank shot
021-1.jpg

Last edited:
i have some more corals coming in tomarrow. they are as follow:
pink paly
wicked tri colored elegance
nice large acan colony
blue eye red zoos
super colored scoly
flower pot
sun coral - orange
metalic trumpet coral
purple tang

will post more pics once acclimated.

here are some pics of the new additions.

acan

018-2.jpg

red and blue zoos
020-2.jpg

purple tang
025-1.jpg

perculas
026-1.jpg

sun coral
034-2.jpg

aussy elegance
008-5.jpg

i will get better pic of the elegance tomarrow along with some of the other new pieces.

Well, I couldn't resist and bought some more corals. They are being shipped tomarrow and will have them Thursday. Man it's like Xmas. Total of 20 more pieces. 2 of then are acan colonies. I will post pics once aclimated.

well here is an update. sold my drop in 1/3 hp chiller and installed a 1/2hp inline. we did this b/c the heat the chiller was giving off was anoying along with the noise. So I purchased a 1/2 hp inline and plumbed it outside and installed it in a rubermaid deck box. I still have some final things to do to the box such as drill some more holes for cross ventilation and install some screen material to keep the critters out. but all inside is done and what a difference. very low noise coming from tank and no chiller noise. I will post some pics later today of my results.

i need to take some pics and post but that will have to be after the 4th. Here is an update. Got tired of having to top off my tank every day as now its evaporating aprox 5 gallons a day. So I ordered an auto top off system from BRS and its the lev loc system. This is now plumbed in from my RO unit to my tank. Its been running for the last week and man what a nice addition. No more filling the tank with top off. Also the corals seem to be happier now that there is no real salinity variation.

wow. Have not updated in a while. Tank is doing well and has had its ups and downs but nothing major. I just purchased 3 new LED units by stark and these are awesome. I will be installing Saturday. This will be replacing my current lighting set up which consists of 3 x 250w HQI with pheonix bulbs. 4 x 48" 54w t-5's. These new led units are 10 white 3w cree bulbs and 10 blue 3w cree bulbs. each color is corded and can be dimmed. total new watts will be 180. should help with heat and electric bill. Hoping to be able to get rid of the chiller too. I will post before and after pics tomorrow.

Got new LEDs installed and so far I am liking them. I did leave my 4 t-5's installed as there was dead spots in the front and back but that's ok. They dont give off much heat. My main concern was illuminating the 750w of Metal halides. I am only running the LEDs at less than half to get the corals acclimated to them. These are super bright at full power. I will post pics once I get them up loaded.

Great job. I'm considering doing something similar with a sump + protein skimmer in and a separate refugium. Do you have a pump pushing the water from the sump to the refugium or is it gravity feed?

Great job. I'm considering doing something similar with a sump + protein skimmer in and a separate refugium. Do you have a pump pushing the water from the sump to the refugium or is it gravity feed?

Thanks for the kind words. My sumps are gravity fed with one 1.5" drain going to each sump. Both sumps are also t'd together at the back of the sump so they both keep the same level. The return pump is also t'd to pull from both sumps. I have ball valves on each drain to adjust flow to each sump and to eliminate the noise. The return sides also have ball valves also on each sump to control the return from both sumps too.

Back