My 24g aquapod soon to be coral

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bioload typically refers to creatures that are producing wastes on a daily basis...
corals, especially mushrooms, arent going to add much bioload to your system.
corals that are particulrly slimey or that are "agressive",
meaning that they secrete terpenoids and bi-terpenoids to protect their photosynthetic space
from other corals around them, (this is called aleopathy) can foul up a tank after a while of corals trying to slime eachother.
running carbon 24/7 helps with this btw...

update: today I got my rock from a buddy who owed me big time;) on this small rock there were 4 or 5 good size hairy mushrooms a large red mushroom a devils hand and i think a tiny watermelon mushroom. Before I added this rock, i had a red mushroom in there as a tester, but after 2 days the little guy had full extension and was really coloring up. So i mounted him more toward the mid-bottom of my tank:) pictures to come

Pics of the corals I just gave you, in my tank :D
Not too shabby for Macro taken with my phone.. Ill come over to your house and take some once you get them all settled in ;)

2011-10-01131715.jpg

2011-10-01131709.jpg

2011-10-01131700.jpg

2011-10-01131647.jpg

thanks for posting those bro:) and the devils hand seems to be quite at home, within 20-30 minutes after acclimating he already had full polyp extension same with the red mushroom:)

So this morning i woke up and noticed nothing in my tank was running except my skimmer? so I looked around and i saw the my power strip with a surge safety feature had been tripped. So i unplugged it and reset it to find that that didnt work. So i looked around and i noticed water was dripping. The same spot the previously was leaking had been leaking again. So I unplugged the skimmer and emptied it. I went to unscrew the water-in pipe and snap goes the threads. So over all damage, broken skimmer pipe and a short circuited power strip -.-
sorry about the quality
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/214/img00116201110050813.jpg/

Bummer man. The company you bought it from will hopefully help you out.

I was just planning on buying a new one do you think aquatraders will replace it?
I emailed them this
So I purchased a protein skimmer from you guys and I woke up this morning and the skimmer was leaking. I carefully took the skimmer off and one of the pipes had cracked and than split from the threads. I was wondering if you guys could send me a replacement part because the skimmer has only been in my possession for 5 days. I would proudly send the broken piece in for examination, inspection or what ever your policy says for me to do. Please respond so I know weather or not to purchase a replacement piece.
Thanks
Davin

Last edited:
update: went to petco about a week ago and baught some sexy fish.
Baby maroon clown with uneven stripes( 2 on one side, 3 on the other)
2 spotted goby( also a baby )

i went to erics(eew) house and got some zoas :D
gobstopers, gold and pinks and an unknown that are really small

the next day i went to chads house and got
my now favorite coral and is in the most special place in my tank
DUNCAN SINGLE HEAD :D
and than i got 2 heads of a dendro and man do they get extension after lights out!!

2011-10-11144918.jpg

2011-10-11144819.jpg

2011-10-11144805.jpg

2011-10-11144745.jpg

2011-10-11144710.jpg

2011-10-11144442.jpg

2011-10-11144257.jpg

gobstopers w/ the poopyface damsel -.-
2011-10-11144240.jpg

another shot
2011-10-11144201.jpg

2011-10-11144620.jpg

pink and golds, bad pic :(
2011-10-11144657.jpg

dendro:)
2011-10-11144400.jpg

backwards shroom xD
2011-10-11144353.jpg

shroom and recently fragged devils hand
AND THE BEST FOR LAST sorry for the bad picture, i just fed him so hes super small :/
2011-10-11144003.jpg

2011-10-11143939.jpg

So the clean up crew is on its way:D
thanks to john at reefcleaners.org for clarifying what exactly will help to keep my tank clean :D
on its way are:
20 Dwarf Ceriths
7 Nassarius
8 Florida Ceriths
4 Large Nerites
5 Small to Medium Nerites
1 Turbograzer
im super excited, i will update with pictures when they arrive :party:

so i have some questions for you guys, i just oredered the following and it should be here tomorrow. along with it i got a fire shrimp. i was wondering how much more room in my tank do i have for more fish? i would like to get a black clown, a royal gamma and a sixline. these are all of the fish i want ontop of my two spotted goby and maroon clown. please help to answer these questions, anything is helpful and everything is appreciated.

so i have some questions for you guys, i just oredered the following and it should be here tomorrow. along with it i got a fire shrimp. i was wondering how much more room in my tank do i have for more fish? i would like to get a black clown, a royal gamma and a sixline. these are all of the fish i want ontop of my two spotted goby and maroon clown. please help to answer these questions, anything is helpful and everything is appreciated.

try to be happy with as few fish as possible.
right off the bat, you cant mix most clowns together...
and 5 fish for a 24g is too much imo.. 2-3 small passive fish sounds waaay better.

Back