My 24gal "Pod"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Finally the tank is up and running. I'm quite pleased with everything overall. There are a few things I have in mind to do later (DIY stuff) but for now, I'll just let it be. So far, my temp is staying cooler in this tank compared to my other tank that is running the chiller. We'll see how it goes though. Not enough time to say whether it will drop or rise.

So here are quite a few pics which may take a while to get up. It was suggested that I post a step by step process to help others who may be interested in an Aquapod, know what they are dealing with.

Attachments 1 and 2 are of the tank

Attachments 3 and 4 are of the 70w HQI MH fixture (current USA) with 6 blue moonlights and 6 white moonlights.

Last edited:
Attachment 1 is the AquaC nano skimmer with maxijet 900

Attachment 2 is the replacement maxijet 1200 for the return

Attachment 3 shows how the return pump is attached to the output

Attachment 4 shows how I mounted the maxijets in the tank using the magnets. (The placement in this picture is not where the pump was placed. Just showing how I did it without having to use suction cups)

Attachment 5 shows the skimmer's placement on the tank. There is quite a bit of space back there in that back compartment which may come in to use later:)

K...I may have bought myself a few more minutes. Here are a few more pics:)

Attachment 1 is of the TLF Phosban reactor I transferred over

Attachment 2 is phosban mounted next to skimmer

Attachment 3 shows where the pump sits for the phosban reactor (maxijet400)

Attachment 4 shows a back shot

So here's the tank. These were taken about 10 minutes after everything was up and running. The water still needs to clear up, but it's not too cloudy. The zoos were just starting to come out as well as the other polyps on the other corals so I guess by tomorrow, everyone should be out and I can get some good pics. Also, I still have to add my carbon in the back:)

Attachment 1 is with the white moonlights on (It looks like only 5 are on and it's because of the angle of the photo...I think:shock: Gotta check that)

Attachment 2 is with the blue moon lights on

Attachments 3 and 4 are of my coral bandit shrimp who was out front so I snapped a few of him

way cool,
even has a built in overflow. thats neat. I also saw that someone else added a sump for water volume and equipment.

that looks awesome dood !!!
hehe it's funny how you went from a Tunze to maxijets :D .
I'm glad you got your tank :)

way cool,
even has a built in overflow. thats neat. I also saw that someone else added a sump for water volume and equipment.

Thanks Steve...And yeah, they do all sorts of things to them. I'm going to try and keep it simple and sumpless:)

that looks awesome dood !!!
hehe it's funny how you went from a Tunze to maxijets .
I'm glad you got your tank

Thanks Gabby! There are only maxijets in there because the tunze nano cubes aren't out yet:p

Christina turned the air up while I was in the shower and I went downstairs and my tank was sitting at 83F and it was 81.1F before I went up. I popped one of my clip on fans on it and watched the temp drop back to 81F. So, I turned the air back down to where it was and it remained the same. So...I'll be watching things tomorrow to see how it goes. The lights don't seem to add any heat so I may just need one fan on the tank to be sitting nicely incase she wants the air up. She still gets cold:p

BTW, I decided today not to use the white pvc board bottom. I'm sitting on bare glass. I "thought" about adding sand, but had to spank myself:p Not sure, is an option, but for now, it will stay bare bottom. I may get a bit crazy with flow so I don't want to have to remove the sand later.

Like I said, I'll get some good shots tomorrow. The big rock on the left I may angle slightly to get a better view of the corals. I was rushing trying to get everything done and deal with Emily at the same time:)

Thanks...I'm dying to see my tank finally today after it had a chance to clear up:)

I'll look for your pis:)

Thanks guys. Here's the tank all cleared up! I put a small fan on the tank last night because I didn't know what the temp would have gone to and it went to 75F!!! I took the fan back off and now it is sitting at 79 by itself:)

Thanks April! The skimmer is cool...Hasn't started producing anything yet, but the manual says 1-2 weeks so I'll just wait:p The AquaC Remora Pro can work as well. It is rated for up to 75gals I think so if you want something a bit bigger, you can go the route as well:)

it looks awesome so far dude!!
how is the remora nano performing?
one thing you might want to think about is modding one of those maxijets and then having just one powerhead, that way you can hide it behind a rock and still have about 2000gph of gentle but fast current in the whole tank, thats what i did in mine and it worked awesome! i had to have it down about where your powerheads are and aim it off to the side, otherwise it made the surface too violent:)

Hey Mark! Thanks!! The skimmer isn't skimming yet. I guess it needs to break in. I thought about the maxijet mod, but those Tunze nano's come out later this year so I'm going to get one of those then. They can be angled up or down or side to side, come with magnet mounts and can be put on a controller:D

Back