My 300 Gallon sps tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well here you go. The first pic is from 12-24, at about 11AM. It is really deceiving how much lite is in the tank when it is bright outside. The second pic is from Day 2 at about 8AM. The lites were at 18" above the water at 25%. The last pic is from this morning, at 8AM, the lites are at 15" above the water and still at 25%. I am keeping a pretty close eye on things. I do believe that the next move I make will be the last move, and then I will start upping the 25% from there. The lites will be at 13" above the water, right where the halides were.

IMG_1909_zps1e051411.jpg

IMG_1914_zpse0f8a8c7.jpg

IMG_2143_zps46b1f5f1.jpg

What are you going to do with the middle of the tank? Or will it be more lit with the increased intensity?

Charlie you should put those 4 cluster lights on a slight angle towards the middle, you should have more then enough light oover the main rockwork on either side.

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I really can't wait to see it in real life. How have you been? Sorry I have been so quiet lately, been a busy year.

Looks alot cleaner then it was before for sure. On adjusting, could you not just pinch the hanging cables a little bit on the middle side of the tank?? that way they would point slightly to the middle and give some more light to that area??

Mike

i like how little light is spilling outside the tank. i suppose that depends on the height. looking good to me. i do think you need to get more light in the middle but that has always been your low light area. looking good!

The middle will get figured out, I pretty much know I am going to have to move the froggie that is there, but as I have mentioned, (I think), I have room. Right now, I am also dealing with some recession issues that started before the lights went on, my alkalinity has been goofy lately?????

Back