My 300 Gallon sps tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Charlie, I don't think I've ever seen you sip beer, and rarely seen you act civilized. What's gotten into you???!!! Snap out of it!!! lol

You are right ..................................................................:censored: it

:tape2::tape2::tape2::tape2::tape2:

That better?

Aw come on you guys................................lol :):)

You have never sat in an adult beverage establishment and sipped the first beer of the day??? You know as well as I do that sometimes the first one does not go down real smooooooooooooooth sometimes.

Aw come on you guys................................lol :):)

You have never sat in an adult beverage establishment and sipped the first beer of the day??? You know as well as I do that sometimes the first one does not go down real smooooooooooooooth sometimes.

yea, you just have to slam that first one down and get the grit out from your teeth, then the second goes down so much better LOL!

I am sure those timers are like anything else on this green earth. I am interested to see what his comments will be if you get a response.

As far as the meeting goes, it looks as tho I will be adding to my outside refrigerator tomorrow and Thursday, so we will be sure that the beer remains at the proper sipping temp :):)

Looks like our friend at GlassReef pays attention to comments made to his site:
Kevin wrote...
I have enjoyed wandering through your site, lots of great ideas (like a dosing station!) I was wondering how long you have had the Woods digital timers in service and how reliable are in your experience for this application. Reviews at Amazon are split, just curious if they've been good, bad or mixed for you.
Glass Reef replied...
Glad to hear you like the site! The Woods timers have been in service since February 2009, so almost two years. I do have a check list hanging on the wall of the fish room that I go through twice a day. One of the things on the list is the dosing station. I make sure that all is in order, including the timers. I don't check them because they normally have problems, they don't. I check all components of the system where a failure could cause serious problems. It goes without saying that a serious system failure, especially in a system as large as the Glass Reef, is to be avoided, if at all possible.
Today 4:10pm

I guess I have a mental check list...maybe printing it out is (another) good idea gleaned from the GlassReef.com.

Last edited:
I think I am gonna:faint2:

I just can't do that anymore man

:spit::spit:

As much as I hate to admit that you guys did something right:smokin::smokin:
I love the smilies.

Aren't they cool, If you only knew what it took to get them, you'd laugh. That is the whole reason why we upgraded the forum, really I wanted Smileys! :boink::cool::phone::love::attention::faint2::flypig:

OMG - found my new favorite smiley :flypig:

on a side note - what we used to do on the dairy to track daily stuff was use a whiteboard, and take nailpolish to write the "permanent" things in, and then we just checked or updated things daily as we completed them...

So, for a reef i'd imagine we could nailpolish in, CA/ALK/MG/Salinity/PH/Temp, pump checks, lighting test, fish alive/dead check, coral alive/dead check :) haha

And no, charlie, you cannot :spit: the nailpolish...

I'm thirsty. Sipping is more for micro-brews as slamming is more for... well Hot Buttered Rum! :clap2:

i'm with you on the Hot Buttered Rum, Devon.
nice to see the beginnings of automation on your "top off" Charlie. Maybe this weekend I'll be able to get it fully automated...... either that or i'll have to sit around and drink Hot Butter Rum, better yet maybe i'll have to make them :)

i'm with you on the Hot Buttered Rum, Devon.
nice to see the beginnings of automation on your "top off" Charlie. Maybe this weekend I'll be able to get it fully automated...... either that or i'll have to sit around and drink Hot Butter Rum, better yet maybe i'll have to make them :)

MMMMM can't wait you make a pretty good hot buttered rum.

Back