My 300 Gallon sps tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Figured it was time to add some pics I got today.
IMG_7929.jpg

IMG_7930.jpg

IMG_7931.jpg

IMG_7945.jpg

IMG_7956.jpg

IMG_7970.jpg

IMG_7996.jpg

IMG_7999.jpg

IMG_8004.jpg

IMG_8001.jpg

Thanx Robert, he is lookin pretty darn good ain't he.

I am still fighting a little of hair algae, but it is a time thing man, it will go away:):)

That he is, that he is.

Glad to hear that about the algea,

I finally found out what was killing me algea wise, both in my reef when it was up and here recently with my cichlids, my well water as hard as the cichlids like it, also had a nightmarish iron content, can we say feed the weed, been changing out 10 gallons every 3 days and finally have made some progress, this reminds me, when it gets a little clearer need to take some pics for you of my new adds. Got my first really, really, nice cichlids, so watch your e-mail:)

Last edited:
very nice shot and looking real good and healthy,, Charlie,,bet you put any coral in your tank it will grow good,,cheer:couch2:

Coming from you Dang, that means alot, thank you!!!!! I am actually trying to weed things out a bit Dang, I think I am gonna add a sand bed this summer, and I will be able to spread things out a bit, and lower the rockwork, and give what I have left some room to grow a bit and become full colonies.

That he is, that he is.

Glad to hear that about the algea,

I finally found out what was killing me algea wise, both in my reef when it was up and here recently with my cichlids, my well water as hard as the cichlids like it, also had a nightmarish iron content, can we say feed the weed, been changing out 10 gallons every 3 days and finally have made some progress, this reminds me, when it gets a little clearer need to take some pics for you of my new adds. Got my first really, really, nice cichlids, so watch your e-mail:)

will do.

Hi Charlie,
Looking good. The fish are getting that mature look. As a matter of fact the whole tank is looking mature. Your corals look quite grown in and healthy. Well done!

Cheers,
Kevin

Hi Charlie,
Looking good. The fish are getting that mature look. As a matter of fact the whole tank is looking mature. Your corals look quite grown in and healthy. Well done!

Cheers,
Kevin

Thanx Kevin, it also looks as tho the Phosphate E is working, I will give the store a call this afternoon, I am gonna need some more.

Hey Charlie...how's the thaw going up north? Not to kick a dead horse, but what were you using for your previous frag tank lighting....I just don't remember. My recollection is it was T-5 and it was too bright or? I am setting up my frag tank, just trying to get the right light the first time. Looking at T-5 4 bulb fixtures, comments, rants?

Back