My 300 Gallon sps tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mine was a 6 bulb fixture and yeah, it was a little bright, I just kept throwing actinics at it until it calmed down.

I still have a foot of snow in the front, thaw this.

Nice to see someone is alive in this club. OOPS.

Very Alive! You too! I was going to say we have no snow, but we have an inch in the last 10 minutes, guess I'll skip the bike ride outdoors tonight!
Dan at ReefMSO and I were talking about 4 bulb 3' long T-5 fixtures which would give me like 3.9 watts/gallon vs my display at 2.3 W/G....does that sound feasible or maybe still too bright? These corals are all in the upper 1/3 of the display, so deeper would work. I'm doing the plumbing to have the samew water circulating in both tanks (common sump/refuigium) so that should help the frags get through the brutalization...

Watts per gallon is as outdated as windows 2000. Your sps are doing fine in your display, you will probably end up with them on the bottom of the frag tank.

I knew that (W/G outdated), and was figuring the frags lower in the tank...or why not raise the light a bit (ya know, that old inverse square law from physics?)...might be helpful too...but you don't think the 4 bulb will just fry the poor things?

How big is the tank you are gonna put it on Kevin? No............................ I don't think you are gonna fry them, and if you notice that you are, just back off on the daylites, make sense?

Some new pics from today:

IMG_8934.jpg

IMG_8935.jpg

IMG_8935.jpg

IMG_8948.jpg

IMG_8938.jpg

Thanx for the compliments, those shots were kinda cloudy, I had done a might bit of work yesterday, I was wonderin if anybody was gonna notice??????

Gonna bore ya to tears again and use up some bandwidth. The race got red flagged so I went downstairs:wave:
IMG_8954.jpg

IMG_8951.jpg

IMG_8950.jpg

IMG_8988.jpg

awesome pics charlie. ive been wanting a trigger for my 180 but didnt think they were safe. how is yours and are there any you'd recomend?

wow!! looks very nice and a lot of room to fill up with new stuff for sure,,,
this will looks nice in your tank also
pinkllll-1.jpg

pinkstraw.jpg

melonrommells.jpg

Last edited:
1st one is true tyree pink lemonade(no knock off)
2nd one is true Strawberry short cake from Unique coral.com
3rd one is Rommel's water melon acro(original no knock off),,,
i knew you will like it and they are in my water for more than a years,,i will give you more clue ,,my friend:wave:

hey Charlie, i like the new look. lots of room for growth... when do we get to see sand? the clams are looking really good :)

Back