My 300----- the Rebuild

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I check in here about once every other day to see what is up I guess. It is kinda hard for me because alot of my older friends................... well..................... things kinda changed.........................LOL.

I am getting notifications, some go to my spam account and some, like these just show up regular? I already have gmail, and I was not gonna change.......................................again!!!

You are right, not a lot of people posting. There are people around. I posted a ad in the classifieds yesterday and there have been 181 views.

I do look at FB and belong to a few groups, but it's just not the same.

One complaint I see on FB about RF is people say they had run-ins with elitist attitudes.
Then I see some of the opinions they voice and realize that maybe they didn't like someone voicing a opinion that was different than their own.

Run in is putting it mildly. People get down right nasty. Name calling, foul language then mob mentality. Very extreme! Not something you'll find here and I am very grateful for that. I don't like playing with fire personally, others thrive on it!

Run in is putting it mildly. People get down right nasty. Name calling, foul language then mob mentality. Very extreme! Not something you'll find here and I am very grateful for that. I don't like playing with fire personally, others thrive on it!

I don't know, I have been around here long enuf to see the exact same thing happen here. That type of attitude is present anywhere there is internet :) :).

I don't know, I have been around here long enuf to see the exact same thing happen here. That type of attitude is present anywhere there is internet :) :).

Yeah, that is true, but atleast on a forum like this if you call BS on someone it's easy to find supporting facts to your side of the argument, whether it's here or another forum.
Don't think I've ever seen a link to facts from a FB page. :)

Besides atleast here, you can make paragraphs.

And spaces to separate thoughts.

I guess in this day and age of doing most or all of your internet business on a smart phone, FB is easy.

LOL, I am not disagreeing with you or anybody. And like you I am a part of a couple of "Reef" groups on Facebook, all I do is post pictures and let the tank speak for itself, I think after 10 years I have earned that right :) :). There is absolutely no respect on Facebook, because respect seems to be a lost art amongst the younger folk of today, sorry but that is the way I have seen this go, I don't know if anyone will agree, don't much care to be honest.

Back