My 300----- the Rebuild

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Some full tank pics from this morning :).

IMG_8998_zps677b2bba.jpg

IMG_9004_zps4832e82a.jpg

IMG_9005_zpsa4ef65d9.jpg

IMG_9008_zps37b02207.jpg

Some full tank pics from this morning :).

IMG_8998_zps677b2bba.jpg

IMG_9004_zps4832e82a.jpg

IMG_9005_zpsa4ef65d9.jpg

IMG_9008_zps37b02207.jpg

Is this Heliopora coerulea, (blue coral) growing on the corner of the egg crate?

I like that it's doing that.

How long have you had the Emperor Angel?

I've got a little bit left of a hot pink digitata that looked awesome overgrowing a large rock in my system....

Then my heater died while I was in the middle of a very busy period of work and temps dropped through the basement.....

Sigh....

But I've always liked the Heliopora.....and I do link how its making the egg crate disappear.....

Is heliopora a fast grower in your system?

I've got a little bit left of a hot pink digitata that looked awesome overgrowing a large rock in my system....

Then my heater died while I was in the middle of a very busy period of work and temps dropped through the basement.....

Sigh....

But I've always liked the Heliopora.....and I do link how its making the egg crate disappear.....

Is heliopora a fast grower in your system?

It really seems to like the LEDs Maxx, I think it has doubled in size in the last year or so that I have had them. I never see a polyp on the darn thing tho....................lol.

Sorry to hear about your tank :(. I had that happen in my trusty old 80 gallon and I didn't save a thing hardly.

Well, since we are under a blizzard warning, and yes, there actually is a blizzard (?) goin on out there, it was a good day to clean the glass and take a few tank pics. Nuthin special really, just pics :) :)

IMG_9030_zps84434945.jpg

IMG_9035_zpsfa4477e1.jpg

IMG_9039_zps9938fc29.jpg

IMG_9043_zps273e31ad.jpg

Just had to get one of the torch, what a beautiful piece!!!!!

IMG_9041_zpscbf8a358.jpg

It really seems to like the LEDs Maxx, I think it has doubled in size in the last year or so that I have had them. I never see a polyp on the darn thing tho....................lol.

Sorry to hear about your tank :(. I had that happen in my trusty old 80 gallon and I didn't save a thing hardly.

Yes it sucked....but....

I'm in the process of a rebuild so its going to be okay.
I started out with a 120 that I bought from NaH20 and was designed as a stand alone set up that made maintenance very easy.
The it morphed into a conglomeration of tanks all connected by a single sump which made maintenance a PITA.

The plan is to reduce down to the original 120 and design an Australian Pacific SPS Reef with my favorite fish and inverts.
I've got the new (dry base) rock, most of which has been soaked for 20 mins in a muriatic acid mix to clean it off and ensure that there is no excessive phosphate & dead organics on it. I have 3 large pieces left to "wash" in the acid mix. The already "washed" rock is soaking in RODi water to ensure that there is no acid left.
After all rocks have "washed" and soaked to remove any residue, it will be time for aquascaping.
Once the aquascaping is done, I'll slowly introduce the fish and inverts over to the 120, leaving it connected to the common sump for bacterial cycling, and then begin to slowly phase out and shut down the smaller satellite tanks that have made maintenance such a chore.

I love the torch in your pictures!

I also notice your fish are way to skinny and should probably be fed more....

;)

Sounds like a good plan Maxx, consolidation is a good thing for you, at least that will cut down on your maintenance.

I have been working on a plan to fatten them up, but I just can't seem to get it to work ;)

You've been in this hobby for a long time too, so you fully understand how important it is to be able to do regular maintenance EASILY.
I have 3 little girls, (my Paddy-Rican House Monkey's...Wife is Puerto Rican and Black, and I'm Irish....hence the Paddy-Rican's), and all three of them are still under 5 so I don't have the free time that I'd like.

Simpler maintenance is most likely to get done more often...

Your system is looking good. Glad your back posting again.

Well thank you :)

Being retired has helped this tank more than you know. If you are going to have something like this, it takes time, and alot of TLC, I finally have that time. I mean what else am I gonna do besides clear the snow out of my driveway and take care of this thing:). Winter has been a bad one this year, so the tank is getting alot of attention, or......................... regular maintenance!

I love the Paddy-Rican :) :)

Back