Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Finally got something done.
The Barrier Reef raffle Radion

led2h.jpg

led1z.jpg

fulltank4.jpg

fulltank1.jpg

how did you bend your aluminum? im looking to do the exact same thing as you with a light bracket....deciding over aluminum and steel as well.

how did you bend your aluminum? im looking to do the exact same thing as you with a light bracket....deciding over aluminum and steel as well.

My son-in-law has a flat bar metal bender.
I am happy that I went with aluminum.

Looks real sleek Martin,
What did you use to seal the metal?
How did you attach it to the back of the stand? Did you have to move the stand ? Or did you do it from the inside with an adjustable bracket?
I am making something similar, and I am struggling on how to attatch the lite bracket to the inside of the stand, so I dont have to move the stand.

Thank-you

I just left it bare, see how that holds up.
If it shows any sign of corroding, I can remove the top half and either steel wool it or 220 grit sand paper.
I do have the silicone spray that Todd was talking about on his build.
I just used lag bolts into the back of the stand.
Since I did start out with a hang on skimmer, I left plenty of room between the wall and the stand. About 6" which with a right angle drill gives me plenty of room to work.

Those lights have great coverage, dont they! What percentage are you running them at? I think I might be running mine a little too high for my LPS.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

The first picture I took, had the lights running at about 80%.
I turned them down to 25% last week and now I'm at about 35%.
I still running in basic mode.

Thanks. It's a work in progress.
lps and sps corals are fairly new to me, although, I did have a 40 gallon tank mixed tank with some zoanthids, a couple lps and a bunch of different colored monti caps.

Ah, I like the the bubble, hammers and frogspawn. They make such nice movement in a tank. I guess they don't have a lot of color though?

Ah, I like the the bubble, hammers and frogspawn. They make such nice movement in a tank. I guess they don't have a lot of color though?

I don't think I'd say that.
I see a couple different shades of neon green, pastel green, electric blues, blue, yellow, purple, pink, gold and orange. And that's in the branching LPS. Other colors are reds in the chalice, red and neon green in the favias.
Then there are the colors in the monti's.

I didn't mean that the tank lacked color, ( it looks great). I just thought maybe the colors of the bubble, the hammers and the frogspawn were too subtle and that's why they are going to be removed.

I didn't mean that the tank lacked color, ( it looks great). I just thought maybe the colors of the bubble, the hammers and the frogspawn were too subtle and that's why they are going to be removed.

Oh I see what you were talking about.
I do have a few pieces that I grabbed early on that were almost given to me because the color was more subtle.
One of the hammers I was going to move seems to have long, bigger sweeper tentacles which are a danger to my pipefish. Although he seems to know to stay away now. The same for the bubble. But the bubbles color seems to be getting better under the Radion led.
Plus there are some duplicates that I would like to move,,,,,,,,,,,so I can get more.:)

O and I see what you mean. I forgot how deadly sweeper tentacles could be to your pipefish! I wouldn't take the chance either. Pipefish are so cool and they really add a unique quality to a tank. BTW what temperature do you keep the tank, don't pipefish need it a little cooler?

Back