My 750 gallon fiasco build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

khaosinc

the cyborg reefer
I know alot of you have seen my build thread on another forum, but I'm hoping to make this forum a second home so I thought I would have an abreviated version here as well.

So anyway..

Here it is as 2 people tried to figure out how to unload an 1100 pound tank.

DSC07375.jpg

In place... still in one piece by some twist of fate.

DSC07387.jpg

Putting in the already made up rockwork (I had to do something while I was waiting for the tank to get there)

DSC07625.jpg

Actually seeing water for the first time...

DSC07671.jpg

cycling away while I unfortunetly was in the hospital having heart surgery..

DSC07869.jpg

fun with plumbing

DSC07747.jpg

the tank starts to look alive (after yet another few weeks int he hospital)

DSC07911.jpg

first dialing in of the euroreef 750 skimmer

20090717_3173.jpg

all the surviving corals from my previous tank failing are in...

20090717_3131.jpg

linka checking out the fromt veiwing pane after it didn't get cleaned for a month and a half...

20090717_3133.jpg

How's your health doing? are you able to do all the work on your tank? I know you'd want to but could understand if it became a problem !

Yes this is a very very short version !!

:)

Paul

ever see an astpasia host a clown... LOL (yes I finally got rid of it)

DSC08645.jpg

the brains of the operation...

DSC08650.jpg

first 'new' livestock added... little hippo tang..

DSC08410.jpg

tank as it sits as of last week...

DSC08778.jpg

closer veiws

The 'Dark' side... I really need more lighting

DSC08779.jpg

the cave..

DSC08780.jpg

The arches

DSC08781.jpg

The rubble zone... lots of room for corals.

DSC08782.jpg

My imediate plans include actually getting around to building the hood and skinning the stand, repairing the 220 (my previous tank) to use as a fuge, finishing up the 300 gallon sump with cryptic zone, DSB, seconday macro area (untill the other tank is done) and return pump area.. its currently funtional, but not how I want it. Then I might even get to start adding a real clean up crew and livestock....

Theres also future plans for an additional tank as a preditory tank, but thats farther down the line.

I'm still rather slow going due to the afore mentioned surgerys as my ribs are not fully healed, and due to bills and missing a month and change at work, neither are my finances. But this build will continue...

How's your health doing? are you able to do all the work on your tank? I know you'd want to but could understand if it became a problem !

Yes this is a very very short version !!

:)

Paul

I'm doing alot better. Finally got the blasted IV out of my arm yesterday (after 6 weeks) so as soon as I'm sure the hole is healed up I can finally have my arms in the tank again... Docs still won't release me to do "real" work so I'm just an overpaid night security guard at work for another 3 weeks. I can't wait to get a wrench back in my wands and actually be able to work for real.

Glad I read the long version so I knew everything you went through. Welcome to the boards and glad everything has worked out for the best with your health.

Godspeed

love the rockwork too! amazing! i would love to have a tank that big, where you can have "the cave", "the arches", "the rubble zone" haha! that is so cool!!

Back