My car

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish, i hate to tell you this bud, but i used to work at GM..we were one of the plants that made the S10's.. i drove them off the line and parked them in a lot nearby... every car that came off that line on night shift was TRASHED!!!! the guys that i worked with would slam the cars in park while they were still going like 5-10mph..it's no wonder the cars we get have so many defects...one time this guy took one of the 4X4's mud riding..you literally couldn't tell what color it ws when he came back..they offered a reward to find out who did it.....the last day i ever worked there, 5 cars got wrecked that night..2 of them were almost totaled.. 2 others were ruined when our shuttle van tried to fit in between 2 trucks that were parked really close together..we skidded all the way down between them...the driver of our van may, or may not have been drunk that night .... those guys were crazy!!!

ROFL!!! Too bad my truck wasn't made in the US;)

Krish that truck rocks!

Thanks Nick!! I miss it! (LOL)

Krish, i hate to tell you this bud, but i used to work at GM..we were one of the plants that made the S10's.. i drove them off the line and parked them in a lot nearby... every car that came off that line on night shift was TRASHED!!!! the guys that i worked with would slam the cars in park while they were still going like 5-10mph..it's no wonder the cars we get have so many defects...one time this guy took one of the 4X4's mud riding..you literally couldn't tell what color it ws when he came back..they offered a reward to find out who did it.....the last day i ever worked there, 5 cars got wrecked that night..2 of them were almost totaled.. 2 others were ruined when our shuttle van tried to fit in between 2 trucks that were parked really close together..we skidded all the way down between them...the driver of our van may, or may not have been drunk that night;) .... those guys were crazy!!!

I used to work for gm fixing the crap nobody else could. Most of the time it was something stupid that the factory workers did. Beer cans hidden in quarter panels that made a rattle. Spare parts left in fenders. Diodes taped into wiring harnesses. Must have had alot of upset employees.:)

Don

ok ok, I'll play too.

Here is my first car i ever owned. 1970 chevelle malibu. I bought it for $850 and dropped every penny I ever made from my high school summer jobs (Mcdonalds and Boston Market) to fix it up.. ~ 7k later, I shaved the rear door handles (yep it's a 4 door), dropped a 383 (bored out 350) in it, did some bodywork, put a SS hood on it, painted it, and redid the interior, and dropped in a rediculous stereo and I was off. Ohhh.. the sound of those glasspacs - I can still hear it rumbling now.

I ruled the town (or at least i though I did at the time) - Leaving burnt rubber smoke trails everywhere I went. Then I through a rod and I couldn't afford anymore to rebuild the engine.

I have many fond memories in the car :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: It was a hard one to let go of.

327162241_ec10193576.jpg

Thanks guys.. yep, that's my first and only baby so far. Lot's o late nights working on it in the garage. One of these days I'd like to get an old corvette stingray or camaro and fix it up. 69 is my favorite year on both of those.

Thanks Don - once again, I odn't know how you now so much about..well.. everything. :D :D :D you're right, it's a stroked 383.

Thanks Don - once again, I odn't know how you now so much about..well.. everything. :D :D :D you're right, it's a stroked 383.

I own a shop and have built more 500+hp engines than I can count.:) In fact I'm doing a 450hp 47 chev truck right now. I drive 1980 530 hp dually one ton crew cab. With efi its up to 5mpg in town:lol:

Don

5 wow ouch- I thought I was bad with 8mpg. I used to put premium in that bad boy which I could still get for about a buck a gallon 10 yrs ago, but knowing gas prices now, I don't even think I could afford to drive to the gas station and back - ha. :D

So where are your pics? 47 chevy w/ a 450 in it.. why have you been holding out on us.. post some pics.

5 wow ouch- I thought I was bad with 8mpg. I used to put premium in that bad boy which I could still get for about a buck a gallon 10 yrs ago, but knowing gas prices now, I don't even think I could afford to drive to the gas station and back - ha. :D

So where are your pics? 47 chevy w/ a 450 in it.. why have you been holding out on us.. post some pics.

Its not mine. Its a paying customer, really I hate cars but they pay the bills.:) Less than two years I'll be selling 1/2 million dallar toll box real cheap if your interested.:lol:

Don

I hate cars but they pay the bills
Don

Don't hate the cars this is AMERICA we invented the beast the freedom to drive to parts unknown without a checkpoint. I love the cars the smell of burning rubber the tears of alcohol the blood off my digits when I leave another piece of myself on the metal of horsepower.

Pic037.jpg

See if my pic works.

My son and his date with one of our cars. We have had this 37 in the family since 1969 now and I don't think its going anywhere soon.

Vroom Vroom
Mike

Nope, a 383 is a stroked 350 thus why they are called a stroker motor. 350 production block with a 400 crank.

I saw that post and though to myself... DAMN!!! Chevy really does put some meat between their cylinders, eh? I was going to do the math and figure how many feet over-bored it was but my gf was already pissed I was posting pictures of fish and ignoring her. :lol:

I don't know the diameter of the chevy piston in the 350, but assuming its 3.5-4in we're looking at about a quarter inch of overbore! :eek:

Nice cars guys!

OK, here is mine. I know, I know, y'all intake valves are bigger than my pistons, but I was commuting 120 miles a day. Plus, this thing ain't too bad. :D

When I have a garage of my own, I'll be building up a street-legal appearing 94-98' Mustang. Haven't decided on an exact motor yet but I think it will either be a stroked 302ci (to 349ci) or more likely a 5.4L modular OHC motor.

Whats her 0-60 time? :lol:

German engineering in the house! Dutchland representin'.

Back