My DIY Closed loop

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

krish75 said:
Soon guys...Soon(LOL) Patience is the name of the game seeing my tank is still cycling:rolleyes: . I have a few more ideas I have to put into use first:D

BTW...I need to fix that right nozzle...It isn't level with the left:D

The tank would be cycled by now if you had left the 90 gallon ..LOL LOL LOL

another one??? dood how many visions are you gonna have until you leave it alone

When I run out of visions, I get out of the hobby:p :

And you say I am handy. Krish thats great man.

Thanks Ron...It's more like an imagination I have;)

The tank would be cycled by now if you had left the 90 gallon ..LOL LOL LOL
(LOL) Yeah, cycling I heard take 2 years now if you swap tanks:lol:

When I run out of visions, I get out of the hobby :

well there's always space in here for your Tunzes :D .
I think that with a little OCD from Krish and a very handy dandy man like Ron... they could make the most beautiful aquarium.

Boy that was fun!:lol: I hooked up the new closed loop today because my pump etc came and it worked! The only problem is I could spit harder than what was coming out(LOL) I figured one nozzle would have been better, but anyway, it only took me 10 minutes to tear everything down and put things back to the way it was before my "vision"(LOL) IMO not worth taking up the extra space if my Tunzes ate up the flow that was coming out of it. If I had 900 gph per nozzle then it would be different. It was fun though and did work with little micro-bubbles, but 950 gph isn't worth the effort.

OK...What's next:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I wonder if Premium Aquatics has bits to drill glass...:) What will I think of next:?:

Corals? Maybe, you could put some corals in there
LOL
Its a thought anyway.
Or you could get some of those fake ones. Hee hee hee.

Krish you did a nice job on it by the looks of it. I wouldnt give up on the idea so quickly. It looks like your output is a 3/4" pipe slit into 2X3/4" locline nozzles. If you were to use 3/4"-1/2" reduced nozzles you would regain allot of the velocity needed to compete with the Tunze streams.

In my tank my closed loop inputs cant even come close to competing with my Penductors BUT where they collide does create uniques random current patterns... just a thought.

Corals? Maybe, you could put some corals in there
LOL
Its a thought anyway.
Or you could get some of those fake ones. Hee hee hee.

LOL...Soon! My tank has a few issues right now. I think I stuck my hand in there a bit too much lately. I need things to balance out a bit again. When I did that sump addition, my rocks haven't looked as good. No hair or cyno algae but they look funny. May be time for another swish and scrub!:lol:

Krish you did a nice job on it by the looks of it. I wouldnt give up on the idea so quickly. It looks like your output is a 3/4" pipe slit into 2X3/4" locline nozzles. If you were to use 3/4"-1/2" reduced nozzles you would regain allot of the velocity needed to compete with the Tunze streams.

In my tank my closed loop inputs cant even come close to competing with my Penductors BUT where they collide does create uniques random current patterns... just a thought.

Thanks man for the input!:) Yeah, I used 3/4 and didn't even think about reducing them on the outputs. I still have everything, but took it down for now. I'll have to think about it a bit more. I brought the pump in to have as a spare incase my return pump kicked the bucket and figured I'd just give it a shot to see what would happen. Wouldn't have been my choice of pump if I were to really go for a closed loop. I know it can work now and what I would need to do to get the flow right, so as soon as my wife's not looking, I'll have to hit up Premium Aquatics again:p

Oh and BTW Fan nozzles KILL throughput. You'll also see better results with the round nozzles..

LOL...I have (2) 3/4 round nozzles out back as well as a 3/4 "Y". I have all kinds of stuff. I order stuff for the hell of it like bulkheads.(LOL) I have no need for them but they look cool:lol: Just gives me something else to buy now:D

i agree with Steve... there's something called corals in the ocean, they look awesome dood and if you feel like cleaning rocks you can always go and clean the ones in the ocean :D .... just joking.

Premium Aquatics better treat you as their main buyer :lol: :D.

LOL...I have (2) 3/4 round nozzles out back as well as a 3/4 "Y". I have all kinds of stuff. I order stuff for the hell of it like bulkheads.(LOL) I have no need for them but they look cool Just gives me something else to buy now

sheesh Krish.... just open a store dood :D.

I should take a picture of the stuff I have laying around! You'll would laugh!:lo: I may post a photo

ohh dood i think it'd be the oposite for me dood... i'll be more like drooling and day dreaming :D.

You know your wife is going to figure it out sooner or later.
Some people collect shoes, Your just going for the whole premium aquatics catalog. All in boxes and labeled.

Here's some stuff! My wife figured I should stop here(LOL) I guess she is starting to realize where the money's going and is getting pissed:lol:. I'll have to post more stuff later when she isn't looking(LOL) I've got tons more stuff out back!

You know your wife is going to figure it out sooner or later.
Some people collect shoes, Your just going for the whole premium aquatics catalog. All in boxes and labeled.
LMBO!!!! yeah i think Krish got the premium aquatics addiction :lol:.

Here's some stuff! My wife figured I should stop here(LOL) I guess she is starting to realize where the money's going and is getting pissed. I'll have to post more stuff later when she isn't looking(LOL) I've got tons more stuff out back!

ohh my !! that's like going to the candy store, you just want it all !!!
hey if you run out of space you can always send it my way :D

ohh my !! that's like going to the candy store, you just want it all !!!
hey if you run out of space you can always send it my way

LOL...You have no idea what other stuff there is. Most of this stuff you see in the photo I keep in a cupboard. The back patio is crazy! I've given away so much stuff just to make space(LOL) I need to ease up though. Check out the aqualifters. One's hooked up and 3 is on the table:lol: I could plumb a whole house with the pvc and fittings I have as well:lol: My wife will KILL ME before too long(LOL)

Back