My new 120 upgrade

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yeah, the rock is doing well except for the aiptasia I found. You know it's amazing how those things just creep up. I kept the rock for 4 weeks in trash cans and one still survived. Guess what? It's on one of the rocks on the very bottom and it's on the underside of that rock...I mean how more difficult could it be to kill this thing? :) So my plan this weekend is to break out the rock and get it out and probably re-do the aquascaping a little bit to create some more flow in the front area. I have a few weak spots that I want to clear up.

I know.... I'm going to stick the end of the rock it's on in boiling water and that should make sure it's dead! :) I don't want to chance it....

ronj said:
nice naso...is it a blonde naso???? also, how bout a full tank shot??:)

Yeah, he's a blond naso. Beautiful fish....

Full tank shot? :) It's boring but I'll post one tomorrow when the halides come back on. Not much in it right now but life rock and and 3 or 4 corals. :)

Beautiful tank Matt, that is sweet!
I hate aptasia, fought it over a year with my other tank, hate them.

Thanks Scooty! Yeah...well I'm willing to break down the rock work just to get this guy so he doesn't spread. I'm sure another one will pop up somewhere as they usually do.

Well I got the aiptasia... it was actually on the very end of a coral stalk that I moved over from my old 55 gallon. I guess somehow I missed it or something when I checked the livestock when moving them. Ugh! so the aiptasia is now in the trash along with the tip of the coral. Thank god it was not on the rock and hopefully it did not release any offspring, yet!

They are evil, watch them, usually when you see one you get more, hope you got them all.

The last time Scooter said that to me about finding one bubble algae in my 75gal, he was right! Hope he didn't just put mouth on you:p

Ok, time for new pictures although they are not that great! I think it's time for a new digital camera. I really did not like my initial aquascaping job and I think over time it was going to be a pain to mount corals and for flow as well as fish swimming room. So with all that in mind I redid it.....

Here is a left side view:

leftsidetank.jpg

Right side view:
rightside.jpg

and a full tank view:

fulltank-1.jpg

Matt, What's the black box looking thing on the right side behind the rocks? Is that just a cover for a CL?

Last edited:
Back