My new 120 upgrade

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nice choices Matt! Can't wait until you get them all hooked up! Your tank is coming along very nicely with all of the cool equipment. Hopefully that rock will hurry up!!!:)

Thanks dude! and yeah the rock needs to hurry but then so do I.

Here are the fans I ordered for the canopy. They are Orion 110CFM 4" x 1.5" 110v fans. Decibel rating of 37 so they should be quiet.

http://www.orionfans.com/html/oa109.html

Link109AC.jpg

Hey i probiablly wasn't paying attention but did you have to drill your tank or did you get it with all the outflows.

And by the way nice system i am hoping to learn a lot from it

some friends of mine and myself drilled the tank. i was really leary of doing it so i had a friend help out. last thing i wanted to do was mess up a tank like this. :)

thanks alot! it's going to be pretty amazing once it's up and running.

Bouke said:
Hey i probiablly wasn't paying attention but did you have to drill your tank or did you get it with all the outflows.

And by the way nice system i am hoping to learn a lot from it

wow! now that is quite a few Tunze! I bet that is some great flow though.

I'm anxious to see how my closed loop does when there is rock in the tank. Right now it definitely does not let anything settle anywhere.

so I bought more stuff today....someone stop me!

I bought 2 of the American DJ Power Centers. You can rack mount them...pretty sweet.

bb_1.JPG

wow! now that is quite a few Tunze! I bet that is some great flow though.

I'm anxious to see how my closed loop does when there is rock in the tank. Right now it definitely does not let anything settle anywhere.

ROFL! Your rock will come through you tank walls!!:lol: You'd better make sure they are fastened down good!(LOL)

Cool power centers btw! You look like you have the same spending problem as me:p

I do this week! :) spending problem that is. I've spent quite a bit of money this week. Just the lighting alone - well I hate to type out how much I spent but you can figure it out pretty easily. :)

i bought some 1/2 acrylic dowels to bind my rock together along with tie strips or whatever they are called.

I can imagine! Imagine paying about 50% extra on everything you got if you lived here and brought it in!

I'm interested to see how those dowels work out for you. I've never used anything more than balance:shock:

ouch! yeah, 50% extra would put a damper on my budget pretty quickly. I usually try to order from companies on the West coast as it cuts down on shipping costs as well as shipping time. I can get stuff from California in about 2 - 3 days.

The only issue I'm worried about with the acrylic dowels is drilling the rock. I'm afraid it may just crumble or break off big chunks. I guess just take it slow.

Well, Atleast you won't have to drill them all so it shouldn't be so bad. Plus, I'm sure the rocks have holes already which will work in your favor. I think it will all come out fine...No worries:)

good point - I try to plan things out too well sometimes and we all know that things usually don't go the way you plan them.

I wonder if people epoxy the dowels in? guess I'll have to ask Mojo.

Back